F-86 Saber, Ojimak Style

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
I've just finished designing a new free model of the F-86 Saber on my own. I'm not sure what scale it is (seems odd, doesn't it?), but I'm currently offering two versions: 1) colored, 2) white with lines, so anyone can custom color it.

I used a little help from Ojimak's T-8A to design it, but when I showed him the files, he told me that the model was unique enough that I could call it my own. It helped that I had drawn each part by hand.

Like Ojimak's models, this one is designed to glide well when you throw it. Instructions are not done yet, but should be soon. When they are, I'll post links to the two versions of the model.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Well technically its not his work. The only piece that resembles part of his model is the rear fuselage, and it is still significantly different. As I mentioned, I drew each of the parts in Photoshop myself, none of them are copied from his models. Basically, you could say I merely took pointers from him.

After approving my F-25 Shrike model, I think Ojimak has become more open to my work. It also helped to contact him before beginning this thread and showing him my work. Requesting his permission before making any announcement seems to be what he prefers.

Also, I felt like mentioning that the scale is probably about 1/70.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Thanks. Just so you know, I'm not very happy with some aspects of my colored version. The alignment of the USAF symbol on the rear fuselage is wrong, and the numbers that should be on the back aren't.

Just to let you all know, next on my list is a group of Russian planes (some fighters, some attack aircraft) so similar in design that I can design them all at once. Like this F-86, they will be simple and quick to construct, and should be capable of "flight". The aircraft will be the Su-7, Su-9, Su-17, Su-22 and MiG-21.

Cuthbert

Sep 12, 2007
Hi Paragon
I been wanting to build a Sabre for a while. So I took your F-86 white version and made it into RCAF Golden Hawks colors. It took a little while in photoshop. Probably because it's been a a while since I last used the program.
The model itself was relatively easy to assemble, perfect for a newbie like myself.
Anyways I have attached a picture of it.

Attachments

• F-86 Golden Hawks.jpg
    F-86 Golden Hawks.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 16

tazman3

Model Designer Wannabe
Nov 2, 2007
KY - USA
www.huffdojo.com
Very nice Cuthbert...could I have a copy of your re-color? I am a big fan of the f-86, and I had a model of this plane (Golden Hawks) that my wife bought for me in Canada. I liked it so much that I bought another...I think I still have it in storage...lol...waiting for me to build it! The first one got destroyed by clumsy little hands...lol