F-8 Crusader Models Available?

warren61

Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Does anyone know who might have released a kit of the F-8 Crusader? It's one of my favorite Navy jet fighters of all time.

Cheers,
Douglas :cool:

cafe

Jan 30, 2010
France
Looking at a certain pirate archive, it looks like Hobby Model had an F8U-2NE/F-8E in 1:33 scale (Hobby Model Nr. 66, pics at kartonbau.de) and Wilhelmshavener Modelbaubogen had an F8U-2/F-8C in 1:50 scale (pic in this message from kartonbau.de). They're probably out of print.

I think the IAF magazine also published a 1:250 one in the mid/late fifties as part of a US navy aircraft carrier set (or was it Wilhelmshaven?)

The only free ones I know are simpler models from Ojimak (found on his website) and Trotskiy (not available anymore).

warren61

Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
Cafe,

Thank you for the information.The Wilhelmshaven one in particular looks really nice.Are they out of business? A shame if so,as I remember their line included many good subjects.

Cheers,
Douglas

Z

Zathros

One of my favorite planes, I actually started designing one a couple of months ago. I might finish it someday. I have so much going on in "real life' I just don't have time. I started this one as I saw one somewhere that was essentially a tube with markings that someone was calling an F-8. The aircraft does have some lines to it. :)

Attachments

• F8r1.jpg
    F8r1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 9

warren61

Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
That looks nice Zathros! I did go in and download the F-8s from Ojimak's site.I like both that are offered,in particular the TF-8A.

Cheers,
Douglas