EZday's layout party

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
announce1OK, the EPA was not at all happy with the soil samples, so they made the contractor move all the structures out of the way and pour a slab of concrete 30" thick over the whole town. They said it was below grade and subjected to flooding, which then got FEMA involved as well. wall1wall1Here is a picture of the results of their meddling.
97.gif
Fortunately, the LGM still had a few of their saucers handy and we were able to get them to move the structures out of the way. Let's hope they're still around when we need to put them back.:eek::eek:

Yes, as soon as we get our permits, and these guys get off our backs, we will have to go back and jackhammer out a lot of this concrete. hamrhamr

Attachments

• Cemented.jpg
    Cemented.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 107

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I wouldn't be worried about all that concrete - espicially with that huge snake roaming under your buildings!!! It appears that some type of huge python-looking thing is escaping from the basement of that building in the lower left of your picture!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Herc Driver said:
I wouldn't be worried about all that concrete - espicially with that huge snake roaming under your buildings!!! It appears that some type of huge python-looking thing is escaping from the basement of that building in the lower left of your picture!
Oh that, well I think that's one of the grappling hooks the LGM used to transport those structures.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Or, maybe it's the handle of a giant pair of sissors that they used to score the concrete :D :D A pity, we'll never know until we can get them to move those structures back.sign1sign1

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Things have been running at a much faster pace in the town of Santa Maria, now that the feds have given us the OK to proceed and have left to bug those working on some other construction project.

While they were there, the crews had to work off-site. They manage in the past few days to complete three structures and to restore another. "Patrick's Irish Pub", "The St. Mary Hotel" and "Grogan's Furniture store" (ya wonder if my wife being Irish as any affect on the choice of names here) :rolleyes: are new additions, while the Fire House got a renovation to make it useable once again. The original builder (found in a box lot at a train show) had no concept of constructing kits to keep them from looking too plastic.:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

These buildings will be moved intact by a crew of LGM and one flying saucer, once the site work is complete. sign1 sign1

Attachments

• New bldgs1.jpg
    New bldgs1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 105
  • New bldgs2.jpg
    New bldgs2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 108

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Great things have been happening in Santa Maria. Once the curbing was in and the EPA backed off, the townsfolk wondered what they were going to do with all that blue stuff they had to scrape away before they had to cover the whole town with concrete. Well, no one was looking so they put it all in a big pile on the west end of town. Here is the results. of that step. Now they have to hurry and cover it somehow before the feds get back...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Newhill1.jpg
    Newhill1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Newhill2.jpg
    Newhill2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 104

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
They no more got the pile in place before they were able to cement over the big pile and start to make it look like a natural hill. The plan is to bring in the crews that sculpted Mt. Rushmore and those that are working on Crazy Horse Mountain to make the pile look more like it's been there forever. Maybe the feds won't notice when they come back.:D :D

Attachments

• Newhill3.jpg
    Newhill3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Newhill4.jpg
    Newhill4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 101

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
:eek:ops: :eek:ops: Be sure the tools on the track in one of the first pictures are removed before somebody turns on the power to that track. In the upper left corner.sign1 sign1

I have a building just like that corner one and it fits perfect oh my layout by a street that ones in at an angle

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks Ray, you're right, it does resemble the Bradshaws. I had thought about doing Thumb Butt, but decided I wasn't artistic enough...:wave: :wave:

Yeah Dick, the tool is isolated from the tracks by the masking tape. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I don't know why I bothered, those tracks are so dirty right now that I doubt that I could run a train if I could get power on them. I redid the wiring a few weeks ago and haven't had a chance to test out the tracks since then.:cry: :cry:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Finishing the hill was the job of the LGM. They had just gotten back from a vacation in the Red Rock country of Sedona, Arizona. They were so impresses with the area that they took their spaceships and decided to take the easy way out. They simply "borrowed" a few rocks and used them to cover up the pile of blue stuff that they were instructed to hide. Fortunately, they found some other rocks elsewhere so it doesn't look like they will get caught.

Attachments

• Red rocks N.jpg
    Red rocks N.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Red rocks S.jpg
    Red rocks S.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 114

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Clerk said:
:thumb: :thumb: Looking great Don. but those LGM's sure did a job on the tracks during the move. Are they going to clean them up when they get finished?sign1 sign1
They're worst than my kids, try to get them to clean up their mess and they're already off to planet Urorkledink 7 to party.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: