Ezdays kitbash challenge #2

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
No, I haven't forgotten that I'm still working on this challenge too. I was waiting for just the right piece of real estate to come on the market and today, being blue foam day, I found the perfect hill. This is where my mansion/depot is going.

The second shot is to show the proximity of this project to my scratchbuilt chapel project. Blue foam all over the place.:wave: :wave:

Attachments

• Anchor hill.jpg
    Anchor hill.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Both.jpg
    Both.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 165

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OKey dokey, I think I'm just about there.

One knows little about this haunted mansion except that some of it's parts once stood as a proud train depot, not too far from the mansion. It is said that it's former owner was a frustrated train buff that always wanted to work as an engineer but just couldn't pass the eye test. The problem was that he was so short he couldn't see out the window.We don't know for sure, but rumor has it that in order to get back at the railroad his band of wretches snuck up one night and tore the depot apart, using the material to expand and repair the mansion. You can see parts of it if you look at the roofline, the second floor bay in front, the patio out back and especially the carriage house. The railroad were powerless to claim their property or to prosecute because no one wanted to go near the place.

Who was this mysterious marauder? It is believed he was none other than the infamous Dr. Miguelito Loveless, arch-enemy of secret agent James West... Who are the current residents? Again hard to say, but occasionally one can hear the Munster's theme song coming from the house, then stillness and then the distinct sounds of the Wild Wild West train rumbling by even though no train can has been run on those old tracks for years.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Haunting, that's for sure;)

First a few shots from ground level, then a couple taken from a hot air balloon...

Attachments

• Approach-05.jpg
    Approach-05.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 137
  • Left-28.jpg
    Left-28.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Roofline-16.jpg
    Roofline-16.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Long shot-01.jpg
    Long shot-01.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Rear-15.jpg
    Rear-15.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 132

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Don, there's no way you could do such a fantastic job. I want to know just how many LPBs it took, and how long. You know I would never, never, ever call you a slave driver, but seeing as you are so much bigger than they are,.........uh, what do you call it, duress maybe? Even working under the threat of heat/melting, they did an outstanding job.:D :thumb:

Lynn

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Thanks guys, it was fun, and that's what it's all about. I did manage to take a few night shots. it wasn't pitch black out because no one dares get near this mansion-depot too late in the day.

I'm not sure, but I think I caught a glimps of that Wild, Wild West train heading down that unused track. Just too scary for me to hang arount very long, so I can't be too sure...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Night-05.jpg
    Night-05.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Night-16.jpg
    Night-16.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 111