EZ taking it easy...again

Hobbes

Sep 23, 2006
Once again I am here to update on EZ's situation. He went into the hospital Thrusday morning to have a pacemaker/defib installed into the ol' ticker. Procedure took about three hours and he came out of it with flying colors. The doctor was happy with how well the procedure went. We spent the night in the hospital and should be coming home sometime this morning. At any rate, he'll be taking it easy (EZ) for a while and told me to tell you all he may be scarce for a week or so until he came move around better. All in all, he's doing great and commented how well he was feeling already.

Cheers.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Coulda just had a DCC unit installed while he was there. Control the trains with mere thought patterns.

Good to hear everything went well!

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Hobbes,
Thank you for the update. I sent you a private message requesting an address. Thanks again.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Don,
So glad to hear you're OK, my friend!

I hadn't been over for a while, & I just now heard the news!

You hang in there buddy!
Hope to see ya "back on the rails" soon! :)

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Don
Glad to hear all went well...take care of yourself and we'll keep the coffee hot for ya!:thumb: :thumb:

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
Don, After a couple bypasses and a mitral vale, they had a recall for me to return tothe shop for a 3,000 mile checkup. I had to have a pacemaker/defibrilator put in. Now they will give you a recall and hook you up to a diagnostic machine to see if your carb is perking alright.

Make sure you take it slow and easy. Having that thing put in is no fun. After several years, it has never been used, but it sure is nice knowing it is there. I hope yours is the same.

Lynn

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just a short update. My son Pat (Hobbes) sat with his mother for the 3 1/2 hours I was in the OR. I was happy he could do this, she's been though enough of my battles and sat in too many waiting rooms by herself these past few weeks. When I got out of OR, I told them I felt great. Little did I know they had me pretty well shot up with novocaine. Well, it's worn off now and I'm a bit sore. No, I'm a lot sore. I can't sit in one place for long periods, but other than that I'm doing just fine.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your warm and kind wishes and your prayers. They did a world of good. :wave: :wave:Thanks also to those that have been wearing a pacemaker for your inputs. It's helped put my mind at ease.:)

I should be back in full swing by the end of this week. I'd better be, I'm looking forward to going to that train swap meet in Phoenix this coming Saturday.:thumb: :thumb:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Great to have you back EZ! Glad to hear you're on the mend.

So are you DC (Direct Control) or converted to DCC (Digital Cardiac Control)?

(An attempt at humor.) :D