EZ Command problem

I've had my EZ Commander less than a year. The connection from the wall transformer to the Commander is going bad. I have to turn and wiggle the black male power connector that goes into the port on the back of the Commander just so to get it to light up, then pray it stays on. It is very frustrating. I cleaned the male plug with a little denatured alcohol, but I imagine this will be a tempory fix, if it is a fix at all.

Is this unit still under warranty, I'd like to mail it in for a new one, or maybe get a new power chord. Is there a fix for this I can do?

Thanks,

Ray Marinaccio

I would test the output of the power supply with a meter or test light while wiggling the cord. This would determine if ti is the cord or the receptacle on the command unit.
Then call Bachmann and see if they will cover it under warranty.

Scoobie

I wouldn't even mess with it. If it's under warranty, I would call Bachmann & let them know the problem & send it back to them to be fixed. You will void your warranty if you mess with it. It happened to me with a Bachamann Loco, luckly I got it to work, but I sent it to Bachmann and they saw it was messed with and they sent it back with a warrnty void on it.

brakie

Kyle,I agree with Scoobie.I would contact Bachmann and have them to deal with the problem.