Extreme Lionel Smoke

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

My Lionel doesn't smoke. :D Like I said it is in the transformer power and know how.:thumb:

Oh this is my Post War Lionel Steamer 2037. Sometimes it gets so bad you have to open the windows. :curse:

Attached Files:

2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I feel the strangest urge to go have a cigarette now.....

Nice engine! :thumb:
  3. simmonds

simmonds Member

Hey that is a nice smoker! If you have any trouble getting her over some grades though and you need a pusher, dont hesitate calling up my Marx 666 and we'll blow some real smoke :D Seriously though, my heart is with Lionel. Great train. Just wish my 2026 smoked like that. Is that a fluid or pill unit???
  4. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well sometimes nice things happen. I use nothing but Mega Smoke and I posted this on another forum and mentioned that in fact the Lionel was using MS to make all of this smoke.

:) Take a look at the Mega Steam site.

You will find my photograph, Jeff thought it was cool and I told him he could use the photograph. I just think it is cool that he thought it show cased his product so well.

Well I did get a free bottle of the newest Mega Smoke too. :) :) :) :) :) :)
  5. Cannonball

You finally convinced me. I just ordered a bottle of the original cedar Mega Steam for the Marx. I've been using just plain mineral oil (Dave Farquhar's suggestion) and it works but everybody raves about Mega Steam so I gotta give it a try.
  6. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I have a 2026 at the musuem and it does a great job with smoking with JT MegaSteam. I have been using it for years now and love it.

But nothing smokes like an MTH!

7. simmonds

simmonds Member

Okay, okay. I just ordered a bottle myself. I will use it in my Marx and newer Lionel and MTH trains but I am not sure about my postwar Lionel like my 2026. Those engines take a smoke pellet. Spankybird, did you update your 2026 with a fluid unit? BTW - GREAT photo. Nice layout!
  8. Cannonball

Whoa..... Now that's some smoke!! :eek:
  9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Mega Steam is a very nice product that is offered in many different scents. I wished I owned the company or had a vested interest in it. The fluid works flawlessly in every engine I have and is super in those with the blowers.

The fluids from Lionel, MTH and others work pretty good too but there is just something’s about Mega Smoke such as the dropper and scents that place it on the top.

The owner appears to be a really cool person and takes the time to treat each customer special. I would strongly recommend that everyone give it a try I’m betting that you will like it.

[FONT=&quot]I have never met Jeff but I have met his product and I like the results.[/FONT]
  10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

When we recieved the 2026, it need to have both the 'E' unit and smoke unit pump cleaned and a good lube job. This has been done and now it is a great running engine. I did NOT change the smoke unit. IT works great with about 6 drops of fluid. You just have to put it in more often beacue there is no wick.

Not bad at all for a 1954 engine! :D
  11. simmonds

simmonds Member

Spankybird- thanks for the info and the GREAT photos. I will give that Mega Steam a try in my 2026 and when I get some track layed on the new layout I will take some video and photos too!