Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i started this project awhile back and it got shelved. i decided to dust it off and get it going again.i originaly was working on an old style dalek and was almost done with it when i decided to swith gears and do a new version.

dalek beta.jpg

im almost done with mesh. i have to finish some intersections on the head and torso. and of course the textures. im determined this time to see it through to the end.
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hang on,that render is the same as your avatar! Is that your mesh? Judging by the avatar you did nice job.

Daleks aren't my thing but I'd love to build one for my dad. He brought us up on scifi. Dr Who, Blakes 7, Gerry Anderson stuff, you name it. I'm sure he'd love one. ;)
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Dalek: Exterminate! No mimic allowed!

--Great mesh design!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Why not do both ;) Very nice and cant wait!
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the render in the avatar wont translate to printed texture so i have to come up with new ones. ill probably end up doing the old one to. ive learned so much lately that i need to rework some stuff on it.
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Do you need any photos, I have a 12" black dalek, from the new series. Just let me know.
  7. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Very nice.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

started a test build on the base.

dal 001.jpg

dal 002.jpg
  9. Regie

Regie Member

Looking good!
  10. bill516

bill516 Member

It looks like your is bigger than mine.
    Index of /bill.spencer516/dalek
    and you are doing something about mine I have sort of lost interest in it. Never got past the beta build stage and! I forgot to put the ears on.

But yours looking real good

11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

added the hover ports to the base.

i didnt line them up to good, oh well:cry:
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

scince i dont know a good way to represent gold, i decided to paint it.

13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

only 51 more to go!!peasoup

14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

almost an hour for 4?13 more hours to go!!

15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i was rereading some earlier comments and i need to make one thing clear. this is not a mesh i made. ive just spent hours reworking it to be usable for a model. im sorry if i sounded like i made the mesh,it was not my intention. although with the amount of rework ive done on it, idont know if it still classifies as an original mesh.
  16. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

An hour for 4! thats why I prefer the Cybermen! lol Looking amazing can't wait to see how you do the head many thanks to you and everyone else that shares their hard work with us mere mortals.
  17. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great Nothing. Not sure if my patience could stand all those little domes. LOL

Well done buddy
  18. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Yeah, really tedious things to have to make over and over!

The build looks awesome though!

19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

theres just no way around it for a dealek!
  20. halfchips

halfchips New Member

this looks fantastic heres one i made using the dalek factory plans pretty plain and yours is going to blow it clean out of the water,i cant wait to build it

ps not looking forwrd to making those domes again