Explanation of actions and review

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Jun 29, 2007.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

With a heavy heart, i have had to move the excellent build thread of Tunny to Purgatory.

I do enjoy viewing build threads, but when I find out that the model is of an illegitimate source, I need to move it.

I have no problem with scanning of a model, if you want to test build a perceived complex part, or want to save the original, because you spent a small fortune on it on ebay.

We here at Card Models do not look kindly on those who break copyrights,
    I understand that one might not be able to get a model in their country, but do not let me find out about it, I will have to remove the thread.

We all at one time or another have downloaded a pirated scan or two, but that does not make us all bad people, we were maybe taken in by the "motherlode" of models or similar, but we need to respect the copyrights of orginal model designer and publisher.

2. Fozzy The Bear

Fozzy The Bear New Member

Very sad.... I was enjoying watching his build. :cry: I nearly fell over backwards when he admitted that in public.

It was a bit like shooting yourself in the the foot Tunny.

I understand and absolutely agree with your reasoning for moving it though Rick.

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
  3. Tunny

Tunny Papermodeler

Sorry, I won't do this again. But please understand me, it is just the joy of modelling, i don't have any intention to pirate the model. I found it in internet for free and just build it.

"if you want to test build a perceived complex part, or want to save the original, because you spent a small fortune on it on ebay" ---> it's hard for me to buy an model on Ebay or in Internet because Vietnam is too young in this e-commerce and I have to use all my relationship to get the original kits.

Sorry. This won't be happened.
  4. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

We all make mistakes... the important part is that we learn from them.
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Yep. Tunny's hand has been officially slapped. But, he's an excellent builder and I hope he continues to show his work here.

Learn, and move on....
  6. David H

David H Member

I am sure we have all been there, shifty look, but we wont do it no more.

7. Tunny

Tunny Papermodeler

Should I sign out and hide away ?

I know now I don't have any place to join with you, but please let me tell you something.

In Vietnam, we have a "tiny" club of papermodel with only 32 members, almost them are teenage and they still go to school. But they love papermodel and they're all still the amateurs of ppm. We played with free papermodel of 3dpapermodel.com.tw and the other websites.
    For all of you, the original kit is cheap like a candy. 2$ is nothing for you. But for us it means "one day of work". And how could those pupils can afford it? So we try to find all free models as possible and we didn't know in these free models, there're some "pirated scan" because we can find them everywhere.
    I love this website, I think it's the biggest about papermodel, and I learn many many thing from here. How could I show you my happiness when I found
    this website ! And I want to show my work to get the experience and the opions from you. But my first post was deleted ! Yeah, you all did right and I don't have any petition about this. But it kills my willing to do one another.
    Will you remove my post ( with a pirated scan ) if I don't tell you where I get it ?
    Sorry about everything.:wave:
  8. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

Free Internet Finds

Look in the Internet Finds section. There are hundreds and hundreds of links to free models that are not pirated. Have fun looking.