Explain yourself!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by alfadoc, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

PS: How do you attach an avatar to your screen name ?
  2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Though you user CP, (top left).

Cheers JTF
  3. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

when i first started using the internet (it was mainly bbs boards no graphics or pictures back then!!) my brother was into live role playing games his nickname was redelf ,which was his characters name i sort of copied him and became greenelf which i have used as a computer log in name for the past 28 years oh and the 1967 bit is when i was born!
  4. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

When I tried to use my name as a domain, I found it being used to some great success by a rhinestone wearing country folk singer... So I became Outersketcher. It's the name I bear no matter where I exist on the internet.

The avatar is my attempt to express the humour I find in the writings of Shakespear.
  5. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Mine's simple, It's derived from a school newspaper title, Soaring :)
  6. zealousy

zealousy Member

Plain Bland name! Viraj M Perera real name with middle initial
  7. tf34mech

tf34mech Member

TF34MECH- I work on TF34 Jet engines (A-10)
  8. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Mine is not at all mystical........FredZ KSAC Fred is my name and Z is the first letter of my last name. KSAC is Sacramento Executive Airport, near where I live. I have also been known to use K1IEG which is my Amateur Radio License Call Letters. If I had thought of it early enough, I would have used the call letters all the time, but..............
    Nice bit of info in this thread.
    Fred Z.
  9. Formerly Styrene

Formerly Styrene New Member

My nic

Great Stories! About fifty years ago I got a styrene Triumph TR3 kit in the 1rst grade Christmas gift exchange and for years styrene plastic was my only medium. Then I was making a model of my father in-laws destroyer and it was significantly different from the round bridge early-war Fletcher from Skywave which I used as a base. I cut lots of that old dog out and replaced the inaccurate bits with card stock and painted them with styrene dissolved in lacquer thinner and airplane glue to match textures. It worked very well and it started me thinking about card stock as a medium then this internet thing came along and free kits started popping up all over the place. So I really don't do styrene any more (too expensive) and the card theme here made the handle seem apropos. Besides it's better than my college nic "Crazy Dave".

10. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

When I was a baby my parents left me outside in a puddle during a thunderstorm, there was a blinding white flash of light...

Nah, I'm Just talking crap.

Jeff Wayne's Musical version of War of the Worlds was one of my all time fave albums. My fave part was the 2 songs "Forever Autumn" and "the Thunderchild". For a long time My nic was Forever ThunderChild, but got too tired of typing it all. I try do differentiate myself from all the other Thunderchilds out there by capping the "T" and the "C".

My pleasure new no bounds when Star Trek introduced the Thunderchild. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.