Explain yourself!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by alfadoc, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maharg

Maharg Member

My first name backwards. :)
  2. gnAsher

gnAsher Member

I used to have Beano sent to me as a kid. In it Dennis the Menace has a dog named Gnasher. A Sher ==> gnASher.

It was my first user name (on a BBS). I was about 15, gimme a break! Sheesh! :grin:
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

Gearz = a real nic. As many of the ex service personal would know, your service records/ files ( pre computer days) seemed to live a life of their own. I regularly received docs with all sorts of weird and wonderful misspellings of my surname. 'Gearz' was one that my troopies found particularly humorous ~ as in, they recon they could see the 'gears turning' (which I found mildly disturbing)
    ~ probably why it stuck.

SGT Gearz reporting to be 'assembled' Sir!
  4. sneaker

sneaker Member

Wow! Lots of neat stories behind these nics. Mine is not so grand. I choose sneaker over lurker. I figure I really dont lurk, but I do tend to sneak. A few people in my neck of the woods, (non paper-model/computer geeks) Think it is in reference to a shoe? :? Go figure

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy guys,

Ok, well my nickname is easy and I have probably mentioned it before so I may be "reviewing" here, but here it goes.....

First I am from arkansas....ya know a hillbilly redneck, anyway, with that bit of background info it will be easier for you to understand my "nic".

My name is Greg Worsham and GEEDUBBYA is my initials (GW) spelled out. Being from a backwards state like Arkansas, it took me nine letters to spell two letters.........ie......GEE=G and DUBBYA=W (GW).

So now you know lol have a good day,

ps: oh by the way, since my initials are the same as the president of the united states, I decided to use the presidential seal as an Icon.
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Good to see you stop by for a visit!
    We haven't heard from the king of url's in quite a while.
    I sure hope things are improving for ya!:wink:

7. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Well for me, I started looking at this site around May of last year. In October I desided to join. So I thought about what I was doing. First off I was Stalking all the free card models I cound find, so I became CardStalker.
  8. milhistory

milhistory Member

I got an advanced degree in military history and now I teach history (including military history) at the high school level.
  9. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

two ways to look at it......

a fool who is gothic orrrrrr a goth who is a fool

i prefer the second one

10. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

My nic

Great thread everyone. I've often wondered at some of your nics. It's neat to find out what's behind some of them.

As for mine, at a workshop I attended a number of years ago one of the exercises was a visualization aimed at finding your animal totem. All the other guys of course had bears and eagles and sundry other manly type beasties - I had a squirrel come sit on my shoulder. sj are my first two initials, so we get sjsquirrel.

11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

im an avid gamer......its my handle when gaming.....so everyone keeps killing nothing!!
  12. shrike

shrike Guest

Taken originally from the Curtiss A-8, it also seems to be a fairly universal bird name given for aircraft in that role.
    Curtiss used it internally for the A-10, A-12, A-14, A-18 etc (Curtiss' marketing department did NOT have any imagination!)
    Focke Wulf tried to bill the FW 190 as the Würger (shrike)
    And I'm sure there are others (anyone?)

The Avatar is the insignia of the 17th Bomb Sqn USAAF. A cute logo, but a rather sad story
  13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

14. Darwin

Darwin Member

Just my name. I must be wierd....given a chance to be anyone or anything I wish to be with no one being the wiser, I stick with reality.
  15. diamondback

diamondback Member

Mine was given to me by a young lady I once worked for on a college newspaper, after my "serpentine" personality and a comment I had made to her when she first recruited me: "You need to know you've invited a rattlesnake into your nest..." (And her pet name for me was her "pet rattlesnake", after having seen me responding to a schmuck who was trying to get her fired so he could take over her job.)
  16. kronos

kronos Member

Im a big star trek fan kronos is the klingon home world
  17. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

18. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Let me explain. One of the ERs I worked at DEMANDED the staff learn foreign languages to better interact with our diversified AMERICAN population. They didn't insist on which language but preferred Spanish. (Funny being stationed in Spain one time and living there they looked at me funny when I demanded of the populace that they learn English for me), but anyways I bought the StarTrek Klingon dictionary and started to learn Klingonese, or Ky-oun! Also funny when asked in Klingon, Pronounced Nook Neck, or translated as a greeting, What do you want? the amount of English a populace can muster when they think you can't speak english either!
  19. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Oooh!! That's evil!:twisted:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

When I was at Ft Benning GA, they had the "School of the Americas" there. Foreign, usually South American, officers that would come train with our guys. Occasionally one of them would do something to get our (the MPs) attention. Quite a few would go into the "No speak english" routine. Until, that is, we had to write them a ticket or arrest them. Then you'd start hearing English... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.