Explain yourself!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by alfadoc, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Steve ... a buddy of mine calls me Stevo

**changes name to Yacht ... pronounced ThroatWobblerMangrove**
  2. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

What a boring thread!!

NOT!!!! :grin: This is great. I had wondered for the longest time at some of your names. Like SCEtoAUX. Thought it was two airports, like LAXtoSFO. Great historical tidbit. And Ashrunner. Didn't really give it a second thought, thought it was a nickname or something. But literally ASH-RUNNER!! Grand! I could go on, there are so many great ones, keep it up!

PS: What about Carl? Love to know where GoldenBear comes from.

PPS: Thanks everyone for a great community. The cooperation and giving shown here could be an example to many.
  3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Paper = cardstock, Warrior = I make AFVs.
  4. cjd

cjd Member

cjd - my initials

also the acronym for the human form of mad cow disease - Creutzfeld Jakob Disease

Make of that what you will....

ARMORMAN Guest

Armorman - I create and sell LEGO aftermarket parts for minifigs and the first group I made was custom armor (specifically, Aliens Colonial Space Marine).
    There was a guy in the LEGO forums who went by the handle BLASTERMAN and sold custom Star Wars guns for LEGO Minifigs, so I took the name ARMORMAN
  6. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hey StevO,

Wasn't that Raymond Luxury Yacht? :grin:

7. Back in high school we did an "experiment" in my Economics class. We were each "given" $10,000 to "invest" in any company on the NYSE. Always one to be different, I chose Potash Saskatchewan Inc. I had only a vague idea of what potash was, nevermind what this company might do with it. But I thought it sounded good! (it's got a ring to it...) People started to call me Potash or maybe I started to call myself Potash, I probably then embellished "Potash" with the "Crazy" and the "Man" and there you go. Superhero.
  8. Mechanic

Mechanic Member

Back in the old days of playing Doom Deathmatch, I liked to stalk my opponent and then sneak up behind them with the shotgun. A friend said I reminded him of Charles Bronson in "The Mechanic" and it's been Mechanic since.

. . . plus, it didn't hurt that I was a mechanic.

SCEtoAUX, the first time I saw your callsign, I smiled, and inside my skull I heard David Foley's voice: "I know what that is!"

(David Foley played Astronaut Alan Bean in the HBO mini-series "From The Earth To The Moon)
  9. Clashster

Clashster Member

Well, being a huge fan of the Clash, getting my first email account, I tried so many versions until I finally got to Clashster - been with me for many years now.... And the avatar is a closeup of the London Calling album (I said I was a huge fan!!)

10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Getter 1 is one of my favorite robots from an early 70s Japanese cartoon called Getter Robo. The robot was composed of 3 fighter planes that depending on the order they combined formed 3 diffrent robots, each for a specific type of combat. I always perfered Getter 1's form over the other 2 so I chose it as my name. My all time favorite 70s super robot is Combattler V but I've gone by Getter for so long now I just stick with it.

My real name however is John Anderson.
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

"Nezard" was the name of a lost spaceship from the "Lost Universe" anime series and I've been using that name on forums for a while now ;)
  12. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Will is my first name Joseph Aldridge and 67 is my lucky number.
  13. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Since I design architectural models, mine is a lame play on the name of an architectural style. Maybe I should've chosen "Victor Ian", "Beau Zarts", or just "Classic Al" instead. :)
  14. bulldogowner

bulldogowner Destroyer of Spam Moderator

I have a Bulldog...his name is Romeo, and thats his pic :)
  15. possm_23

possm_23 Member

i once had a pet possm that i raised from a baby.....my BD is on the 23 of Feb....go figure...i hadnt figgered it out yet myself.....:) :) :grin:
  16. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Great idea for a thread...wish I had thought of it...WAIT, I DID!!!...but I was selfish, and only explained myself.:cry:

The Wood Engraver...he is retired now, but he is writing a book...I'll let you know when it is done.
  17. Triop

Triop Member

18. angevine

angevine Member

Not sure how I really came to pick the name... just a name I saw on the back of a wine bottle and also in history a school.

This thread made me do some searching and all those interested please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angevine

Bit of a history lesson for us all :grin:

19. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Spent 20 years as a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy....everyone calls corpsmen "Doc"....plus, my great grandfather was a doctor...and, as I'm sure you can guess....everyone called him Doc Harvey....
  20. sakrison

sakrison Member

I have this thing about flying upside down....

No worries,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.