exlcelsior and enterprise-b

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Tirta, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Tirta

Tirta Member

Hello guys,

exlcelsior and enterprise-b are ready for download:

Thanks a lot to Clever for desigining these ships.
    Your design looks very very good.

I am going to build them soon. :D :D :D
  2. panzer

panzer Member

The Excelsior fan Tirta has been faster than me...:)

Clever Santoro Lopez also added variants of his previous models:

- USS Rhode Island as a variant of his USS Equinox

- NX-02 Columbia as a variant of his NX-01 Enterprise

The textures are impressively good. There are no instructions, but some pics of the 3D models used for unfolding.
  3. blitzer

blitzer New Member

More Trek models! Yes!!!
    I really wish these had some instructions- even when comparing pictures to parts, it can be difficult to know how to place or build things. That is why I really enjoy the models Ron Caudillo has done- very detailed instructions to go with detailed, labeled parts.
    These look like fun, though- they may be a good distration while working on Oylpslyk's NX-01.
  4. Tirta

Tirta Member

bad parts ??

Hi Guys,

I want to start building excelsior, but I find some of the parts are broken:

I have asked the designer but so far there is no reply.
    Do you think he does that on purpose? that I have to get rid of the white parts?
    or this is an error?

Please advice
  5. panzer

panzer Member

Hi Tirta!

There are two of these tabs in the front, and according to each there are dotted fold lines on the other side.

Another white part is on the port side, and on the starboard side there is also a fold line at the analog position.

I did not try the model so far, but it seems to me that the white parts are not broken, but glue tabs and you should cut and glue the saucer part at these positions.

Good luck!

Greetz Andreas
  6. Tirta

Tirta Member

Hi Andreas,

Are you sure about that?
    You may be right, however I have examined similar part on ent-b and I can not find that same part, do you know why?

7. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I'll admit I haven't built the model, but to me those look like 'darts'. Cut one side , then overlap the part to cover the white and glue. They might be needed to pull the part into a tighter curve.
  8. panzer

panzer Member

The ENT-B has some completely different parts, so maybe this part only exists in the Excelsior model.

I don't know, it's just an idea...

But Clever got in contact with me because of my post, he is trying to find it out and will upload a corrected version if necessary. He actually thinks this is a mistake.
  9. Clever

Clever Member

errata excelsior

Hi will be all!

reading the topic I, am thankful all, I had helped me to find a small error in the model, despite that the solutions, that had given are perfect, are certain forgive for not having instruction the model but the next versions I am working in this detail. the archive must help to make right this detail thus the assembly must be better.

Thank you.

10. Clever

Clever Member

Thus that somebody to obtain to mount some model, could order some photos for me, I would be thankful very.

Thank you.

11. panzer

panzer Member

So it was a mistake. Obrigado, Clever!

I have two models to build, Edward's Nebula class which I started building yesterday and the Enterprise-E by Zuosho.

After that I will build your NX-01 Enterprise model. OylPsyk's model is great, but too big, my wife would kill me... :)
  12. panzer

panzer Member

Unfortunately not.
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Not to nick-pick.............. but I think the ship's number and name are backwards on the underside on the USS Rhode Island.

14. Clever

Clever Member

you this certainty, this exactly inverted.

I go to make right.

15. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

You're sentence is inverted too. I no go make right though. :grin:
  16. Clever

Clever Member

hehehehe, sorry my English is terrible.
    I do not say to English I use a translator, but I go to also make right this
  17. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Clever.............I understood what you said...........so it's good enough for me!

18. panzer

panzer Member

Hehe! :grin:

I also like "your" English and I always understand it. My theory is that the webmasters of http://babelfish.altavista.com/ are employing Master Yoda as a translator since the end of Star Wars. [​IMG] :)

I use it e. g. for translations of japanese sites. The results are ok.
  19. Clever

Clever Member

hahahahaha, agree with you.
  20. Clever

Clever Member

innovations!!!! I created the instructions that lacked for the ship enterprise NX01, soon I will create the instructions for the other models.
    Enter in my page and lower the file.