exhaust pipe position?

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by vette_7t9, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

i put the exhaust pipe so that where it connects, its barely in the rubber tubing. in other words, i pulled it out a bit. is it just me, or the engine doesnt rev up to redline cuz of that? or is it cuz of sumthing else? wen i had the pipe connected to the header very close, the engine always redlined...
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well that really shouldn't cause anything I think it might just be you but I might be wrong... see if RED or any 1 elese thinks the same as me or differe't
  3. redheat

redheat Member

Try using longer tubing to connect the header and the muffler together, the tubing can be found in the plane section at your local hobbie shop , RED
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The closer you place the pipe to the header the more power the engine is gonna produce. Try it Where it is supposed to be and then move the pipe closer by 1/8th inch each run. Make sure you time the runs and mark the distance to see the improvements. When the vehicle goes no faster in a run thats where you want the pipe to be. Oh and dont re-tune anything during the process or you'll have to start over. I think RC Car Action did an article quite a while ago about that. I'll see if I can find it.
  5. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

6. vette_7t9

vette_7t9 Member

haha nice nice thanks maan.
  7. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Your welcome fella, have fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.