EXCELLENT Hubble Space Telescope Model

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

I was searching for pictures of the Hubble Space Telescope and found this model by Ton Noteboom. I have never seen this mentioned here before, so I figured I'd post a link. It blows every other model I've seen of Hubble out of the water:
    HubbleSite - Hand-held Hubble - Paper Model, expert
    (And yes, kids, that's the removable interior you see in the photo!) :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

this one looks realy nice
    and culd help realy for owr project MISTY
  3. hemingway

hemingway New Member

4. jparenti

jparenti Member

I was thinking the same thing, yaniv. It's pretty close, actually. It may come in handy...
    I didn't think to search these forums for it first. I monitor the Real Space section on here nearly constantly, but I must have missed it. I got excited. :) So has anyone built it yet? I'm getting ready to print it out now and give it a shot. Me and yaniv have been consulting on a model of the Misty spy satellite, which is very similar to Hubble. I figured it could give us some ideas.
  5. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I know that sir Ton's Hubble is well detailed, but a removable interior? Oh my...

portraying STS-125 now becomes juicier than ever... bounce7
  6. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Actually I have it printed and ready to go. I was going to enter it into the new Free Model 3 competition. Should I go ahead and enter or is someone else going to do a build thread?
  7. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Oh, please enter it - I'm dying to see a build thread of that model. It on my 'to do' list, but I don't know if I'll ever get round to it !!
  8. Gainer

Gainer Member

Thanks for sharing anyways. :)
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oh hell... Just have to get this one!!
  10. gpw

gpw Member

Yes you should enter, I´m looking forward to your build thread.

11. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'll watch your build thread while I build it. I've got the exterior parts printed out now, and wow, is there a lot of it! I haven't even printed the interior pieces yet...
  12. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Well then, I guess I will get started soon as there is only 4 months left in the contest and this thing has 16 pages with lots of parts. It will be a big build thread as I like to show everything step by step. I will also be trying to add detail to it as I go. I'll let you know on this thread when I start. Hope I do a good job. Thanks to all, my best to you.
  13. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

jparenti, by the way, I will prob start with the interior first.
  14. George B

George B Senior Member

I'll be really looking forward to this build....it'll be awesome for sure!! :)

15. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Thanks George, hope I can come close to what you have done. Your LUT is just AWESOME. Hope you share all the extras you designed for it as I will prob buy it for sure. As always, my very best to you.
  16. Zathros

Zathros Guest

17. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

18. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm following this closely. My exterior parts have been printed and the necessary parts laminated. I'm starting tonight on mine, so I'm relying on you CardStalker. You get to show me how to do the insides. LOL!
    And Hans Christian, you raise an interesting question: Could we scale up the Fortezza shuttle to fit this one? Maybe someone who's good with payloads could outfit the payload bay to match the last servicing mission (or the next one)? Would anyone be such a glutton for punishment as to take on BOTH these models in 1/48 for a single display? Has anyone the daring? (Or in my case, the mild case of stupidity?) :)
    I'm actually afraid I might try this...
  19. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Got things going on the build thread, it will be slow as I'm going High Detail.
  20. jparenti

jparenti Member

I'm going with just the stock options on mine. WAAYY complicated for me. :mrgreen:
    This is what I have so far. All the parts mesh together easily:

Attached Files: