Ex S Gundam Build

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
ok boys and girls here is the start of the exs gundam build thread.

first notes:

1 alot of paper may need more but more on that in a bit.:cry:
2 lots of ink:cry:
3 the templates are very good and detail is excellant.:-D

why more paper? well i think you have to print out the leg section twice i only printed one but when i get to doing the legs i will of course let you know, any way once i printed the sheets i number and name them accordingly just so i can keep track, when i print the instructions i try to fit 4 pages on one a4 sheet and print at lowest res so i dont use up alot of black ink.

ok i think thats pretty much it once i start building i will be posting pics step by step and showing any problems along the way. but be warned this is a big job and may take a while to complete.
i hope you enjoy
i know i will :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

very good.... 8)

very good.... I will always be in this topic.... because I intend soon to set up that incredible model :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
well ive decided to make a start today even tho i havent fully finished the hi v gundam but being as alot want to see this i will make a start i hope its a success.

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
gundam exs head

ok well here goes please be patient as this is the very first time i have ever done anything like this.
ok here we go to the meat at hand , as you can see the head basically consists of two pages, the neck is mainly on the page on the left and the head and VERY fiddilly bits on the right.:(

so being a lazy sob i decided to go with the left.:-D

Attachments

• PIC00130.JPG
    PIC00130.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,182

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
exs gundam neck base

as you can see from the pic its is very easy to cut out and the graphics are superb except my photography isnt as are all this designers models.
as stated the cutting and scoring easy, the folding also easy, the glueing not so easy as the end didnt quite fit so there was a slight gap, may be scoring just inside the fold line may help this but its to late for me.:roll: :roll:
oh well.

Attachments

• PIC00131.JPG
    PIC00131.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 1,170

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
exs gundam beauty shot of neck base

hid the slight gap hehehe:twisted: :twisted: :eek:ops: :eek:ops:
oh dear thats exactly what i was supposed to be showing:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Attachments

• PIC00133.JPG
    PIC00133.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,160

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
exs gundam neck

ok here is the neck take note of the very faded grey lines as i missed one and had to redo it but with this everything was easy cutting glueing etc etc.

Attachments

• PIC00134.JPG
    PIC00134.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,129

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
exs gundam beauty shot of neck

here is what it should look like.:twisted:

Attachments

• PIC00136.JPG
    PIC00136.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 842

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
exs gundam red round thing

ok i dont know what to call this so sue me :grin: :grin:
any way i hate this with a passion cutting easy scoring easy but glueing my god
i tried one side by glueing each individual tab and had a gap, so on the other side i tried glueing the ends first which worked out better but a pain to get all the tabs in the proper place. the completed pic of this will be up tomorrow, as the battery just went dead in my camera.:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

Attachments

• PIC00137.JPG
    PIC00137.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 886

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
well thats it for today more pics will be up tomorrow as soon as batteries are charged up.
enjoy

Getter1

rlc321 said:
ok i dont know what to call this so sue me :grin: :grin:
any way i hate this with a passion cutting easy scoring easy but glueing my god
i tried one side by glueing each individual tab and had a gap, so on the other side i tried glueing the ends first which worked out better but a pain to get all the tabs in the proper place. the completed pic of this will be up tomorrow, as the battery just went dead in my camera.:eek:ops: :eek:ops:

I won't sue you but I will educate you. The red disk is called an INCOM. It's a remote wire guided gun used to make not direct attacks on enemy targets.

A tip on assembling that type of part. 1st cut it into individual part (5 in this case). Trying to assemble that in 1 piece is a nightmare. You will find it much easier to handle in segments :D

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
ok just a quickie?? i will post more pics tonight sorry its been awhile but her majesty gets me to do stuff.....
any way. why did i start on the head??
oh yeah BECAUSE ITS THE HARDEST PART ARRRRRGGGHHH
and more later to explain.

miguelj

Papercraft Addict
rlc321 said:
ok just a quickie?? i will post more pics tonight sorry its been awhile but her majesty gets me to do stuff.....
any way. why did i start on the head??
oh yeah BECAUSE ITS THE HARDEST PART ARRRRRGGGHHH
and more later to explain.
When I built this model, I also started with the head and I have to agree with you that it's the hardest part:cry: What type of paper did you use? I used 185 gsm for the whole model. It's pretty tough to roll those yellow "thingies" on the head:cry:

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
Disaster

Godzilla has eaten most of the gundam EXS head....... AAAAAAHHHH
:mad: :mad:
here is the culprit

Attachments

• PIC00113.JPG
    PIC00113.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 302

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
oh well what to do ill just have to start on the body and come back to the head later sorry folks, also been ill latley so havent done much yet but as of tomorrow everything will be full swing.

xyberz

Your doggy seems to love your models. You should watch Cesar Milan's The Dog Whisperer on the National Geographic channel. He deals a lot with those types of issues and you can most of the time notice immediate results.

He's awesome with working with dogs. I always try to watch when I can cause I'm a dog lover and I plan to get a couple of Siberian Husky's after I move.

It's good to hear though that you'll be continuing with the model. Looking forward to it.