Evolution 61

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Fastsky, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Anyone own one of these engines? Appreciate any feedback on how it runs. [8D]
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Not too much info on aircraft here fella. LOL. But I will ask around and see if any of my customers have and info for ya. No promises though, :)
  3. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Ya, I've noticed that most of the RC stuff on this forum doesn't leave the ground too often. Thankx for checking around for me though.
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Well I have done some checking around for ya. This is what I have heard:
    Good engine. Makes good power. Really heavy flywheel and is not for sport a/c unless you remove the flywheel. Tuning is a little issue and it has limiters on it that can make the experienced engine tuner a little upset. But everybody has said that "for a beginner, its a great engine." I have also heard that (from one guy) the .46 produces lots of dead stick landings when at WOT.
  5. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

Thankx for checking rockn82. Sounds like its got good points and maybe not so good. I ordered one a few days ago so I guess I'll find out pretty quick. I am going to test it on my Kaos and if it runs wellthen I will move over to my sons new plane.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.