Evening All,

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by jrb53, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb53

jrb53 New Member

As retirement age is rapidly approaching, I had planned to get back into modelling as a hobby, but the costs for styrene and paints floored me. My "Old Dollars" sure don't go very far anymore.

But, looking on the bright side, my search for Alternative Enjoyment led me to you guys. I'm amazed at the detail that you achieve with card paper, as well as the endless possibilities for computer customization.

I've downloaded several freebies (planes and ships) and am trying to use Paint.net to change the markings. I never could stand to make a stock model. :smile:

2. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

You'll be happy to know our library of free model designs is approaching 800 different. They are available to members who have posted 4 times. The advice and encouragement you can receive from our community is beyond price. You are welcome here.
  3. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome Jack,

This is a relaxing hobby - the more so since you never have to worry about ruining a part so long as you have ink in the printer. Modification is easy - and you can change the scale in whatever insane direction you like.

(is NOT giant inflatable hand)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.