Eve Online spaceship models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cgutzmer, Dec 17, 2007.

1. astrospud

astrospud Member

Awesome! you really have an uncanny knack of sorting out the parts quickly! I'm envious! I can't really tell, but was that a model from the Premium Content?
  2. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thank you! I am sorting some of the parts using the 3D model, if I can't find a part I just join/disjoin faces by clicking on the 3D model and if I see a movement on the 2D pattern I zoom in and I find the part. :-D
    Yes, the model is from the premium pack. :)
  3. the4ce

the4ce Member

Unfolding done! :-D

Now I still need to do 'the flaps, to change the color of the edges and to erase useless edges.' and maybe to make some instructions? Should the instroctions to be the pepakura file or to make separate instructions with photos? Maybe instructions with photos because not anyone has Pepakura.
  4. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

If you can do the instructions with photos that would be great. I have a whole cd of pepakura pdo files I can't read that I'll get to someday when I can afford to install windows onto my mac.
  5. the4ce

the4ce Member

Ok, I will make the instructions, but the instructions will show you only were the parts will go, not how to make every part. :)
  6. outersketcher

outersketcher Illustrator, Tinker

Sounds great! For your model, I will sneak onto someone elses PC, download the viewer, and print out the sheets! : )

7. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

I am really looking forward to seeing a .pdo of this ship. Unfortunately I have a lot on my plate right now so who knows when I will get a chance to try it. I use pep so if you want to include a .pdo I would be able to check it out from there.

You are way faster at organizing the parts than I am.

Minmatar Firetail is about 20% done so far.

I am happy to say that I have finished unfolding my Maelstrom however, so that is probably next on my slate after I finish the Firetail in a month or so.

Attached Files:

8. the4ce

the4ce Member

The Maelstrom will apear after you finish the Firetail? I say you work on the Maelstrom first then on the Firetail. :)
  9. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

heh. I am locked into the firetail right now. I have limited workspace so it's pretty much just one project at a time for me.

The firetail isn't as dramatic as the other ships but I think it will allow for a lot of detail work that should be fun to play around with.
  10. the4ce

the4ce Member

11. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

Personally, I like to list the name of the ship followed by the class then the faction.

But then, I am more for function over form.

The Concord Police Captain is really an NPC in of itself, rather than just a class of ship.

Ahhh semantics....

Attached Files:

12. the4ce

the4ce Member

Now I have a problem...how should the model stand be?!?:confused:

Is this one good? Suggestions?
  13. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

It's a hell of a lot better than anything I would have done. My firetail is literally resting on a 9cm box with a label on it.

Like the Hawk you did, your display stands are always very well thought out.

I like it.
  14. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thank you! I just hope it will stand.
  15. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

I'd be leery of putting a majority of the weight on such a long and thin fin like you're doing. It could buckle over time unless you put a support throughout the entire fin.

I'd personally put an extra support under that hose-like thing, that way if the glue fails and the hose falls off, you only have to worry about gluing it back on.
  16. the4ce

the4ce Member

I don't really understand...:(

Is this more better?

17. the4ce

the4ce Member

18. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

Personally, I would take any paper model over the models, CCP is selling. They are way way overpriced for what you get IMO.

I like your latest stand, My only concern with that ship is the stability and balance on any stand.

What I usually end up doing is just making the kit first. Then I have a better idea of how to balance it in a stable manner. If you made the ship then played with how best to present it, you would probably be happier with the results.
  19. the4ce

the4ce Member

Well yes...they have hight prices... :(

I don't know with the stand...I will risk.

In this mode I will NEVER finish the model!!! I only need to make the instructions, but they are complicated to make...I think I will use reference photos instead of instructions.
  20. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

can't go wrong with pictures