Eve Online spaceship models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cgutzmer, Dec 17, 2007.

1. astrospud

astrospud Member

G'day, GTrain. Welcome to the forum.

The4ce has got it in one. That's the texture you're after, but you may have to do some colouring to the texture file in Photoshop to match the picture. For example, the Buzzard is the covert ops version of the Heron.
    Notice the differences in texture? There is no Alpha in that texture file to support the Nighthawk variant, so you will have to use the old graphics texture file for the alpha.

Since I've done it, I'd like to upload the whole kit and kaboodle for you (be a shame to have the process done a second time unnecessarily), but the zip file is over 1.3MB in size. Is there a way to upload files of that size?
    Marc :wave:

EDIT: I have found the cammo texture on the Buzzard is from the Mordus folder: C:\Program Files\CCP\EVE\res\dx9\model\ship\mordus\mordusomni_p.dds
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

last time I looked the filesize limit was 2MB for uploads.

I'm not sure on the copyright issues in regards to us hosting models of game files either, but I guess we'll allow it until asked not to or if someone can clarify the legality of it (I've uploaded a couple myself).

Otherwise you could try some third party file hosting site and paste a link in here, PM me if you need help with that.

However, if you are talking about uploading an actual card model of one of the ships, and it is above the size limit of the forum software, you can email it to Chris (Admin, PM him here) and he will be able to add it to the downloads section for you.
  3. GTrain

GTrain New Member

Thanks a lot th4ace and Astro! Actually, I figured out after much experimentation that there wasn't a dedicated texture file for the tech2 ships (or at least none that I could find) so I shopped it myself... it was relatively easy for the NH as it's just basically the red stripes over the engines. :) But thanks for pointing me in the right direction. And sorry I replied so late, too many other boards to check lol.
  4. the4ce

the4ce Member

I think I will not make the Apocalypse because I don't know how to make it round. The only style I know is this:

And its not so pretty.

Any sugestions? Or should I try to build another model? Maybe a concord (picture, picture)? Or another ship?
  5. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

The Amarr ships all have a fair amount of curvature to them that makes them fairly challenging. the guy who made the Apocalypse kit did some modifications to make it somewhat easier to assemble, but I still found myself having to beat some of the pieces into submission.

I am looking at some Minmatar ships from Eve now because they are much more angular. Unfortunately they lack a lot of the elegance you see in the Amarr ships.

If you are determined to make an Eve ship, I suggest starting with Caldari or Minmatar since they both have a lot of angles.

Attached Files:

6. the4ce

the4ce Member

Maybe I will try to make this Concord

Oh...and what ship is that? 36 pages?!?:eek: How long have you building on it?
  7. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

That would be a Minmatar Firetail.

I just started it over the weekend and am pacing myself, so I am only on page 4 or so.

Hardest part so far is keeping track of which tube goes where.
  8. the4ce

the4ce Member

Nice job! When do you think you will release a model?

Here is my Concord.

It needs a lot of work I wonder how big it should be?

A question pupumonkey: does this ship have another name? I mean the name of the ship is only Concord police - Captain? Or it has another name? I don't know exactly what name it has. :oops:
  9. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

Wow. That's actually a really attractive ship.

I don't play Eve Online at all so there are still ships I am discovering.

It looks like that is a police cruiser belonging to the Concord security faction. /shrug

That's my best guess anyway.

I think it is some sort of NPC ship. I don't think it is a ship that you can actually play in the game, but what do I know. :)

I am taking my time with the Firetail right now. It has a lot of small, interconnecting tubes that I am trying to be careful not get confused. It is finally starting to look like something other than a bunch of random shapes now, so that is encouraging.
  10. the4ce

the4ce Member

I don't know why but I thought you play Eve.

Astropud can you awnser my question at post #128? You play Eve online right? :confused:
  11. pupumonkey

pupumonkey Member

12. astrospud

astrospud Member

Yeah, sure do. Again, sorry for the late reply - RL is messing with me. I haven't really played Eve-O in the last 3 weeks either!

That ship, as you correctly pointed out, is the Concord Police Captain.

Some nice developments there. I haven't made much headway with the Hulk lately. I will endeavour to get into it ASAP. wall1
  13. the4ce

the4ce Member

Ok, thanks! I have another question :-D: Concord police is using this logo only? This ship can be found in Amarr, Caldari, Minmatar, Gallente sectors? Or just at one race?
  14. astrospud

astrospud Member

It should be found in all 4 faction's space.
    It is the local security force for what's called "Hi Sec", or High Security Space. These areas are classified in terms of a security rating: 1.0 for instant Concord response to aggression; to 0.5 Concord presence minimal. 0.4 to 0.1 is Lo Sec, with no Police available, but Jump gates and stations should have defence turrets. 0.0 Space is Lawless territory - enter if you dare! I have not been to 0.0 Space, but some say it's safer than Hi sec, due to the presence of Sovereign territories owned by Player corporations. If you are an Ally to these Sovereign states, or a Corp member, your safety is usually backed up by the biggest, nastiest ships you are likely to ever encounter! It's totally gripping stuff. That's why I have been hooked for the last 18 months. I had also been curious about the game well before that, as you've pointed out, by the intriging ship designs.
  15. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thanks for the awnser! :)

What style do you like?

Or this?

The more awnsers, the better :)
  16. astrospud

astrospud Member

LOL! How do you do it so easily?
    I definitely prefer the first one, as I am a noob and I need the fold lines :)
  17. the4ce

the4ce Member

I think its from my experience with other models. :-D
    If you don't have fold lines you will make the model more rounder, if you don't have fold lines you will only need to glue. :)
  18. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

i think it's a good idea to provide both versions of the parts with a model, the lines for those who need them, and the no-lines for those who prefer it that way,but with the lined version included to show where the folds go... Skip did that with a couple of his earlier models and I found it made building the no-lines version a lot easier.
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Echo here: release both. That way I can build the no-lines version easier. :thumb:
  20. the4ce

the4ce Member

Ok, thank you!...I will think about it. :)

Its allmoust done, but I still need to edit ALL the flaps, to change the color of the edges and to erase useless edges.