Eve Online spaceship models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cgutzmer, Dec 17, 2007.

1. the4ce

the4ce Member

Thanks for the coments :)

Ok, I will post here my project
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I just figured out why I can't find the caldari navy texture for the raven battleship... I'm extracting my models from an old build of the game that hasn't been patched to include the expansion that the CN Raven came out in.

Silly me... only took me a month to realise that... lol. :D
  3. the4ce

the4ce Member

What version is? I am extracting the models from Revelations II with TriExporter :)

You know that Raven has new textures now? There is a new game now, EvE online: Trinity
  4. the4ce

the4ce Member

Allmoust finished the model :-D
    I am working on the document for the PDF now :)

What software for making a PDF I should use(I preffer a freeware)?:confused:
    I have Free PDF XP but is not so good :(
  5. the4ce

the4ce Member

I have finished the model but I can't upload it :(

Please help!!!!
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Sorry you are having trouble. What problem are you having? Are you getting any error messages when you try to upload the file? How big is it? Where are you attempting to upload it?
  7. the4ce

the4ce Member

Well...I am trying to make a new topic and I use the attachment button. Then a window apears with manage attachments I choose a file and upload it. I stay for about a minute and then its say "upload failed" in the "manage attachments" window :(
  8. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

If your file is over 2 MB in size there are special procedures you'll need to follow if you want it to be posted in the Downloads section so others can benefit from your work. If this is the case zip your file and email it to cgutzmer at gmail dot com. If this isn't the problem could you explain in a bit more detail perhaps and we'll see what else might be the problem?
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Actually upon looking at some of the previous posts it appears I might have written in haste. the4ce, are you trying to post a completed model so others can download and build it or post a completed model for evaluation and comments by others?
  10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I'm extracting from the original unpatched first edition. Yes I'm aware of the trinity expansion and new textures, I haven't seen it in action yet though cos I have no immediate desire to reactivate my account... I might grab a trial account one day for a quick look though.

As for uploading the model, are you trying to upload the pdf into this thread, or to the actual model downloads section on the forum?

Try to upload it to Downloads (if it's smaller than 2MB).

If you like, email it to me and i'll try to get it sorted for you.

11. the4ce

the4ce Member

My file has 2.39mb. I chose my file(from the "Manage Attachments") and then I click on "Upload". I wait ~1 minute and then "Upload of file failed".:(
    Ok, but for a zip file the max size is 19mb and my file has 2.39mb so what is the problem then?
    I am trying to make a new thread in "Science Fiction Models" forum.

P.S. for upload: Yesterday my file had 1.8mb and now 2.39mb(exactly like the PDF) and I am using Opera(for internet browsing)(latest version)

jaffro, you can see the raven here at:
    Eve Online ships gallery, eve ship database and pictures :)

Attached Files:

12. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Not sure what's going on there, but it's not letting me upload a 3MB file either.

I suggest maybe you try to email the file to Chris (cgutzmer) one of our Admins, and he will be able to put it in the downloads section for you, then you can link to it from this thread. Here's his email: cgutzmer@hotmail.com

It looks like not all of the pics on the ship database are updated to the new graphic engine versions yet, but some of them are and they definitely look nice.

I would like to have a go at the raven model myself, but I'm not sure what needs to be done once I get it into pepakura etc.
  13. the4ce

the4ce Member

14. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Many Thanks for share! Excellent Model!!!
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The limit is 2MB for downloads.

Peter has set up a special location for Russell and myself to put large files for download and yo need to go through one of us to get those up for ya :)

Oh and that email address is no good - I only use it so I can log into messenger. My email addy is cgutzmer (@) gmail (.) com

For the record, NEVER put your or anyone elses email addy into a post unless you do something like I just did to make it not look like an address. Well you can put your own in if you like spam a lot ;) there are lots of robots that scour forums looking for email address..... so take care with doing that.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Oh and even though it says 20 mb for zip files its wrong - we tried to get it to work but there is a built in PHP limit to the forums thats very hard to get around with extensive programming modifications.
  17. Gearz

Gearz Member

WHAT !!!...you have to.. PAY.. to join the eveonline forums.. ?? &%#*!$($#.... guess they want to keep their models ~ in the family..

pitty.. kewl looking ships

18. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

Unless registration has changed drastically, I still think you can create a trial account and check out the forums without hindrance for the timespan of two weeks.
  19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Not sure if it's changed or not either, but when my accounts were active, you could only view the forum if you are a paying player of the game itself. I always thought it was odd that they didn't let prospective new players get a feel for the game through the forums... but then when something went wrong and 20,000 players all ran to the forums to bitch about it, it all made perfect sense. :p
  20. blaze99

blaze99 New Member