Eve Online spaceship models?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cgutzmer, Dec 17, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Has anyone designed or seen any ships out there from the Eve online game? There are some pretty awesome spaceships in that game!
    Let me know :)
  2. steve2765

steve2765 New Member

There are 3 models that I have found for EVE. I believe this is the download for them: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    It has the Apocalypse, the Rifter, and the Heron.

3. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

yea thats all i found aswell
    i think he got cought up in real life
    he had a lot going on
  4. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

another good ship game is x3 reunion
    they are pretty sweet too
    but i can't get the textures to port over and they are crazy hard when unfolded so im putting that off for awile
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Those are amazing! Always get nervous when I see rapidshare but this looks good :)
  6. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I've wanted ships from this game for a while, I played the beta and a couple of years after that and have always wanted models of ships I flew in the game.

If anyone wants to have a go at these let me know and I can extract all the relevant files and textures for you. I've had a crack at that already, but just don't really know what to do next :D
  7. steve2765

steve2765 New Member

Are you saying you can get the meshes for the ships?
  8. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

yep, if I can remember what I used to extract them last time I had a look at it. I extracted a raven complete with most textures, which I probably also still have somewhere, I'd have to have a look.
  9. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I could give them a try, although I'm with several projects at this time, but the models don't look too complex, maybe I can get one ready in few days...
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very cool! Thanks :) looking forward to those :)
  11. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I just dragged out my old copy of Eve online. I was going to re-download it, but the graphics engine and models/textures have had a major upgrade so the models would most likely be harder to translate to card.

I am now currently set up to be able to extract any model from the game, but will post a couple here for people to have a look at. If you have a request for a certain ship or anything else from the game, let me know and i'll see what I can do.

I can export as .obj or .3ds, you decide. For now I'll use .obj for compatibility with pepakura etc.

I know nothing about transforming a mesh into a card model, otherwise I would try the next steps myself so I would be very keen to see some of these ships translated to card, and I would be more than happy to beta test any designs or works in progress.

I will take requests for models to be extracted, or if you would like to download the game yourself and have a poke around, you will need either a .stuff extractor (available on the eve-online forums) or tri-exporter (see below).

Here's some samples to get you started, first up the Raven Battleship, which was my ship of choice the last time I played. I flew a Caldari Navy version of this ship, but have been unable to locate the correct texture so far so it's just the standard version for now.

View attachment raven.zip

And here is a Gallente Megathron Battleship... not sure how this will translate to paper, it's quite rounded.

View attachment megathron.zip

The caldari ships are all fairly square so should translate well. the Battleships aren't the biggest or smallest ships in the game, but in terms of scale, seemed like a good start compared to the tiny frigates or the monster titans.
  12. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Hey jaffro, I'd just downloaded the models you provided and gave them a look...

Good news: it seems that the models don't have much overlapping parts, so the cleaning of the mesh would be easier.

Bad news: the models seems to be quite complex, maybe needing much more work that I thought, although I think they are still buidable.

Just a point, the .obj files lost all texture mapping, I guess that the .3ds format would be better to work with.
  13. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Here's the raven in 3ds format, the only other option I have is to extract in to .x format, I have no idea what that is or of it's usefull...

I also heard of people having texture issues when exporting with tri-exporter so i'll look into that and see if I'm doing something wrong.

View attachment raven3ds.zip
  14. twb962

twb962 New Member

Its the texture file format. They are .dds (directdraw surface image). Also the raven3ds will not open in 3Dmax 2008. Don't know why am new at 3Dmax.
  15. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

textures work fine just need a dds converter.

16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

very cool guys!
  17. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

While you are at it think you can get me a Punnisher and perhapes a few other Amarr ships and that is with a big ole please.
  18. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

I'm working on the Heron right now. No instructions, but the picture provided does wonders, as does owning a version of the game.

I recommend sizing the models down. I'm building mine at half size, and it still looks like it'll be about a foot tall. :eek:
  19. the4ce

the4ce Member

um...I think you can abord the project. Why? Thats why

EVE Files: HERON_1.0_A4.ZIP

I have made the "Hawk"(do not confuse whit Harpy) the problem is that the scale its not good I mean the parts do not fit because I haven't made the model corectly in pepakura wall1 And now I have to make it again in pepakura :cry:

I have a problem:
    I had used TriExporter to get the models. I exported the model in 3ds format and I have two files: one is in 3ds and the other is in dds and when I put the model in some 3D modeling program the model don't have any texture how can I put the texture on the model?:confused:
  20. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

you need a dds converter. the dds file is the texture file. google dds converter its free.