ETC Problem

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Asinine, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Asinine

Asinine Guest

Hey folks, i'm brand new to the drifting world. I had an R/C boat when i was a kid and then saved up my allowences to get a R/C truck. That was probably 12 years ago.

Yesterday i impulse bought a Tamiya TL-01 chasis and assembled it. Had it running great last night and i love it. Way more fun that the truck and i still have sticky rubber on it.

Now, today i went out to a parking lot and screwed around found a little gravel i could slide through which really pumped me up, then i foolishly drove my ride through a puddle.

Now.. it stopped working immediatly. Then i brought it home turned it on and it was fine - whew - for about a minute and then stopped. The ECT flashes (slow single flash) when it stops. I tried it again later and only had forward.

I went to work and came home and things were great. Then i let it sit for about a minute and then lost throttle. On/Off and could move again for about 3 mins then out and flashing.

I can't get it to stay on. Anyone have any idea what i might have done. Did i just walk myself into a ETC upgrade?
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

check the manual... otherwise you just bought yourself a new ESC
  3. ARC-Ltd

ARC-Ltd Guest

i have only one thing to say

water doesnt mix with electricity
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Yup, sometimes you can save it by letting it dry just after contact with water, but that only works if you didnt mess with it still wet.
  5. agmon

agmon Guest

Let it sit for several days where it is warm and dry. there is a chance that there is still some moisture in it and electronics, being sensitve are just not working right with the water interfering. After several days it may be dried out enough to work again, or the damage may already be done. If that happens again, be sure to dry it out well before turning power on.