esc/motor combination favorites

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by bandit1, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

i am looking to get a new motor (18-20 turn). i need any combinations that you guys are running in your trucks. thanks
  2. Rustler14

Rustler14 Guest

i RUN WITH A sTREAK sPEED CONTROL AND A15t MOTOR BUT MY FRIEND RUNS WITH A nOVAC eXPLORER with a 19T speed gem 2 motor!
  3. bandit1

bandit1 Member

hey guys....i went looking and i came up with this combo and i need to hear wat u all think about it......im looking at getting Team Orions Rush 13 turn double wind motor and the Duratrax Streak Forward/brake Hi-frequency esc. wat do u think about that??? thanks
  4. evil monkey

evil monkey New Member

very good combo i was looking at getting a peak jag 11 triple and streak ...i think it use to be called a novak racer a few years back and was novaks no2 esc,below the hammer pro
    better than any new novak exept mabey the cyclone or gt7 or ss system!and better than any esc less than twice it's price
  5. AzNDRAGster

AzNDRAGster New Member

A Novac GT7 works well with almost every motor but its pricey.
  6. bandit1

bandit1 Member

question.....wats the thing that connected by a red and black wire that kinda looks like a motor? oh....on the Novak GT7!
  7. AzNDRAGster

AzNDRAGster New Member

Its a diode.
  8. i think a 9-turn quad by fantom and the novak super rooster w/reverse is the best combined motor/esc.
  9. bandit1

bandit1 Member

ok thanks dragster
  10. speede

speede New Member

since u guy know alot about motors is a trinity modified motor - point blank 11 turn quad a good motor
  11. AzNDRAGster

AzNDRAGster New Member

Yeah, Back in 97'
  12. speede

speede New Member

how fast will the motor make a boomerang go
  13. speede

speede New Member

i have a futaba mc112b speed control and been having trouble trying to get it work. i conneted to my engine and it did not work. all i could do was turn the wheels could dis mean the esc can not handed the motor. i try i damond 16t double and a 20t triple
  14. tfhughes_28

tfhughes_28 Member

Hey....i also have a Futaba mc112b esc. I was wondering how many turns this is good for? I have been running it with an old 20t stinger and seems to handle it fine. Anybody know?
  15. speede

speede New Member

i hook it up to a 20t motor but the wheels did not spin when i gave it throtle wat does that mean
  16. bandit1

bandit1 Member

speede....it may be ur slipper clutch is too loose, does the motor turn really fast but it doesnt go anywhere?
  17. speede

speede New Member

so how do i fix it so it will work
    also the motor does not turn when i hit the throtle
  18. bandit1

bandit1 Member

find a way to check if ur ESC is in a working condition. on mine a red light comes on when i hit the throttle...just the way i check if its working...if urs is not working post up again and if u have any other things u can tell us is going on with ur motor plz do...good luck man
  19. speede

speede New Member

on my the green light is suppose light up but it does not but when a connect the battier to the car the light gos on and the motor turns but when i give it throttle it does nuthing all i can do is turn the car wheels

im using a mc112b esc and a damond motor
  20. bandit1

bandit1 Member

if all ur connections are tight and right i think ur ESC crapped out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.