Errol's Trestle

C

Catt

As promised in last nights chat here are the pics of the low level trestle that I and my friend Tim found entirely by accident while train chasing.Due to the size of the pics I will post them seperately.

errol 1.jpg

C

Catt

Here is pic two. This bridge is probly less than 200 feet from the main street in Saranac,Mich,which id about 30 miles east of Grand Rapids.

errol 2.jpg

C

Catt

Here is pic 3.I have more pics showing the whole bridge from ground level but can't find them at the moment.By the way this trestle is located on the Grand Rapids Eastern our local shortline and sees use every day.:D

errol 3.jpg

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
There is one like that in Starkville, MS. It crosses over a street near the Baptist Church in downtown. I wish I had gotten a few pictures of it when I was there at MSU. It was my favorite road to drive down because of that bridge.

:( *sigh* :(

Live and learn.

Michael

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
That looks like the type of trestles the Santa Fe built over the bays and marshes on the "Surfline" between L.A. and San Diego.
Amtrac still runs over the wooden trestles at high speed!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by RailRon
Sorry Catt, all I get are little squares with the torn picture sign in it.
Am I the only one who doesn't get the pictures?
Ron,

I've had the same thing happen to me on other threads, and the next day I was able to see the missing pictures. Sometimes the squares, sometimes nothing but the text. Try rebooting and looking again.

Don

C

Catt

Jon,there are quite a few of these and bigger ones too.The one I see at Muskegon actually forms the first part of a two bridge section that crooses over I96 on a ballasted deck girder bridge.(I've been told that there are really two short trestles in that location.