Erik te Groen's R7 Sputnik launcher 1:96

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Nov 28, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I've been working on this one since Erik released it on October 4th, the 50th anniversary of the Sputnik launch. It's really a wonderful kit. I made one little modification, that is, I added a reduced version of Ton Noteboom's booster attachment struts (with his permission) rather than using the method in Erik's instructions. As always, I have a hard time taking decent digital pictures of my models. I'm going to have to go back to taking film pictures and scanning them, I guess! By the way, get the model here: Volkssterrenwacht Philippus Lansbergen

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

The inevitable tabletop shot:

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

All those little engine bells! wall1 :oops:

4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

5. David H

David H Member

Oh so nice!

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

very nice! super job on building that beauty - it looks like it went together quite well :)
  7. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Sputnik Launcher

Hi BARX2,

Superb work on that rocket - especially the engine bells. I can see nothing wrong with your fine photos, either.

All the best,
    Bengt :thumb:
  8. gpw

gpw Member

Hello BARX2,

thats really a super job you did, and I know what I am talking about. I finished the same 50th anniversary model from Eric te Groen last weekend. It was my 50th real space paper model. ;-) This was really a wonderful kit,
    everything was fitting very well. The booster attachment I did in the same way as you did it.

Your photos are showing that you build everything in a very exact way. That looks really really good. Congratulations! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Gerd, you did a fantastic job! :)
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

Both of you guys executed excellent and clean builds. Great work, and thanks for sharing the photos.

RG WILLIAMS New Member

You have excellent building skill.
  12. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Great builds - all those engone bells had to be a pain!

13. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice rockets guys!
  14. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Lovely build:thumb::thumb:
    Great detail even at 1/96 scale
    I am going to have to download it now to join my ever increasing realspace builds!!
  15. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

This should be considered for picture of the week! Fantastic build!
  16. Cut 'n' Paste

Cut 'n' Paste Ex-pat

I am absolutely green with envy. Wish I had as much skill as both of you. Both models look superb. Well done, guys!

17. Beautiful work. Hang in there graham, you will be there sooner than you know it. Once you master the basic techniques the rest just takes time.