Eric Truax's SM-75/PGM-17 Thor

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by BARX2, Jun 8, 2007.

1. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I really enjoyed building this model. I love crafting small parts. :wink: And this kit is full of them. The directions are great, though - 16 pages of directions and one page of parts! :grin: Thank you Eric. (Too bad the pics don't do it justice. My camera sucks. I really need to get a new one.)
  2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

This has got to be painful to look at. :cry: Last one.
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Nice work, Barx!
    Your idea to use a black background proved to be a good one, it does help to show the model better!
    The pictures may not be the greatest but we can still see what ya got there!

A good inspiration for more, more!:twisted:

6. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thats a very good clean build. good job!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Barx,

Nice looking build there. I didnt know eric had done the Thor, I havent spoken with him in awhile. But I do like the other models of his that I have built. My personal favorite was the regulus II missile, I scaled it up to 1:48th and it looks great.
    I may have to do that with the Thor.
    Again, nice clean build there, looks realy good.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Another great build, Barx!

Very clean build and, again, very nice finish.

Thanks again for sharing photos of your work with us.

9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Hmmmm. Scaled up to 1:48? Good idea! Easier to make those skinny conduits. :)
  10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

The camera is an Olympus Camedia and I think the focus is going bad on it. In the third picture you can see that it focused on my hand although I was aiming straight at the nozzle. :(
  11. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

I've found with my Camedia that when trying to take closeup shots, it works better to pull the camera away from the subject, and zoom in. The focus tends to be sharper then. If I try to get close and use less zoom, the focus tends to be blurred.

I still like my AE-1 Program 35mm best, but direct digital is so convenient. One of these days maybe I'll decide to splurge and get a digital SLR.
  12. willygoat

willygoat Member

The Thor looks great! I have that model burning up hard drive space and have been wanting to build it. I think I might now. The local air & space museum has one out front with an Atlas D and a Blue Scout. Again, great work :grin: