Eric Truax's New website/updated THOR's!

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by scudbusted, Aug 4, 2007.

1. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

Hi All!
    Long time, no type!

I finally found time, today, to start a new geocities website for my collection of card model creations. I'm startig with the newest ones first, as they are finished in the style/ format, with the programs I have gotten used to now. As I edit the older ones, they will be added to the site as well. That includes the flying paper model types that I got started in this hobby with...Man! The traditional type rocket kits got expensive with the trees always eating them!

Of interest to a few of you, who are aware that my work is on Dae Pileggi's site at DPileggi , is the last model I did of the XSM-75 Thor Misile prototype No. 101. The ACTUAL finished version, as it was intended to be realeased, 4 months ago, is not available there. It is available on my new site, with complete instructions. (Better late than never?)

Yahoo! GeoCities

Also, updated version of the Acitve service missile, in both USAF, and RAF are available as well.
    The THOR downloads are quite large at 6megs each! Sorry about that, it was the best I could do to get in the colors and details that would work for mass distribution.

Hello again, and I hope to be around a bit more often! Life, Chores, and rebuilding the house work permitting :D

Eric:) aka SCUDBUSTED!

Attached Files:

2. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Great news Eric. Congratulations on your new site. I'm a big fan of your models and I'm looking forward to building your Scuds and Patriot eventually. :thumb:

Attached Files:

3. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

your model looks great BAR!

I saw the build thread you did a few months ago on the Thors. Great build. I sometimes still get word about whats going on in paper land....:)
    ....Thank you for the write up and the kind words!

Eric:) aka SCUDBUSTED!
  4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I really enjoyed building it because of all the detail you put into it, but, as you said in the instructions, I did want to kick your a$$ for making those tiny parts! :mrgreen: I made the conduit by soaking the strips in water til they were saturated, then pressed them over the rolled edge of the lid of a square metal cookie tin. They came out great. I wish I could take a closer picture of the details. I'll try to put some up.
  5. Mike_BAR

Mike_BAR American Rocketeer

Hi Eric,
    Nice looking website. Good stuff!
  6. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

....If you can build the THOR models, whatever else I made ought to be a piece of cake!
    I have trouble with the THORS. None of the models in the pictures, or on my shelf was made from just 1 printing! lol I finally resorted to sitting on a white sheet, on the floor with a low table, to help make finding the parts I dropped easier. It wasn't! I usually needed parts from 2 kits, or more, just to make 1 model!
    I built an average of 3-4 models of each version, before I got one good enough to photograph and put on my shelf. I even had to build 2-3 of the ABLE version Niels designed before I got a good one. The rest became cat toys :)
    ...So, yeah, they're a challenge! lol

Eric:) aka scudbusted
  7. Chas

Chas New Member

Great looking models and nice design work... Thanks!
  8. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

The site is now offline, and will permantly stay that way.
    Dave Pileggi has what there is to be had, and tha'ts all to be had! Less than 1 week back on the net, inf act, about 4 days! Already I have been blasted with so much info about petty arguements, also hate/discontent, that posting whatever I have for free, really is more of a deopressing than makes it worthwhile!!!!
    Eric Truax
  9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered, Eric. I hope you don't give up on creating your own site. wall1
  10. Mike_BAR

Mike_BAR American Rocketeer

Offline Status

I guess the new complaint department was not adequate. ;-)

Seriously, please keep up with your fine design work.

If you decide to share with the public, then we will be happy. Otherwise, we understand. Always remember, there are many enthusiasts who are happy to build your models. Thank you for your hard work and sharing freely.

I hope we can fly paper rockets some day soon. I promise to organize things here so we can have some fun.

Best regards,
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I am at a loss. This is just really sad.
    I cannot believe that someones generosity and willingness to share could come under such an attack.
    The internet truly does bring out the worst in a lot of people and it is disheartening to say the least.:cry:

There probably isn't anything we can say to change your mind but I just want you to know that you have a bunch of true fans here and you will get all the moral support you could ever want, right here!

I have no idea what kind of problem someone could have with you or your model but that's irrelevant anyway. I think you and your model are both fantastic!:thumb:
    Thank you for everything you have done for the community Eric!

12. scudbusted

scudbusted loopy lurker

WOW! Thank you for kind words and sentiment!
    I've been for the last several months, trying to personally decide if the last toys were made because I wanted to them, or was just wanting the attention.
    I've decided that I like designing, but really insulation from direct contact with the internet. So, I have cancelled my ISP, and will shortly be offline for real.
    However: Playing crybaby and keeping my toys home where no one can play with them is rather foolish, when they can be shared, and gotten anyway.
    So to keep personally insulated, and still have the models equitably available to everyone, here's what I did before my service quits:
    Ever heard of the Internet Archive? It's also where the Way Back Machine is used.
    Through Spin Express, stored at the Internet Archive, under "Eric Truax" can be found my toys- what I uploaded to the net at the Beginning of August 2007 (give or take a day).
    The copyright license allows use, including permission for anyone to add them to a/their website, as long as they are NOT FOR PROFIT! Modifications to the work is also allowed, as long it is NOT FOR PROFIT! This applies to the models loaded at the Beginning of August 2007.
    So, no one can legally monopolize them for their own purposes on any specific site.
    New models, if when there are any will be loaded the same way, when I am able to do so.
    So, folks who want them, get my toys, and I will be on semi permanent vacation from the net! ;)
    Thanks again, this really is one of the better sites on the net!

Eric Truax aka-scudbusted .....blasting off.
  13. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I'm of the opinion that one has to be rather thick-skinned to be able to survive online communities, or take a back seat. It's sad, but a lot of people have unintentionally hurt a lot of other people through this medium. It's just too easy to be anonymous, and forget to be civil. Also, in keeping with the rest of our culture, it's easy to become impatient, insensitive, and rude to others.

Keep up the good work Eric, and don't take things too personally.

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That has to be the best advice I've heard in a while!
    It definitely pertains to the Internet community as a whole and we should all try to remember your advice, Ryan!
    Thanks for that!