Epic Scale Papercraft 40k

jase9112

Hey all!

I've mostly been up to bashing around epic scale stuff for awhile and wanted to let you see what I've done so far.

...which is not much! Some Leman Russ, some sentinels and various 6mm scale buildings.
snapshot.jpg

(dice thrown in for sense of scale)

snapshot2.jpg

The Leman Russ' I based off FlareBaffled's model, very much rejigged and simplified for the scale. Sadly they take an annoyingly long time to build at 6mm!

snapshot3.jpg

The Sentinels I designed from various images found online with google with paint.net. Thankfully these guys are about 5-6 times faster to build than the Lemans!

snapshot4.jpg

And finally some simple buildings I threw together from textures found at CGTextures and images found on google for the little ones. Nothing to write home about, but servicable. All the flags and emporer faces were printed seperately and tacked on to the buildings to give my future city a solid fascist vibe!

Also sorry about the image quality. I only have a webcam at the moment.:thumb:

jase9112

I must apologize: I very much did not edge the dudes like I should have with black markers and didn't bother much about getting things glued exactly. I find with stuff this small it's more about numbers than details. One oddity is that the pictures are mirrored for some reason. The front-piece Leman heavy bolter is actually on the driver's side.

Tirick

Sweet! I'd been toying with making some epic-scale 40K things myself. You have these available, or just scratched together for personal use?

Tirick

I must apologize: I very much did not edge the dudes like I should have with black markers and didn't bother much about getting things glued exactly. I find with stuff this small it's more about numbers than details. One oddity is that the pictures are mirrored for some reason. The front-piece Leman heavy bolter is actually on the driver's side.

I noticed that when I saw the Dice. The 1,2,3, dot pattern is wrong, lol
it's all good though :)

Z

Zathros

jase9112, this truly is a Epic set-up you have here. It is so cool to see people doing something like this and it gets people away from a video screen! The interactive nature of this is profound in this day and age. This is really good work. My hats off to you, excellent! :)

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
You should post patterns so I can return the favor to Elli of all his donated designs to us.

And adding to your collection...a Mega Gargant....

Attachments

• epic gargant.pdf
    289.9 KB · Views: 147
Z

Zathros

and me thinking 40k normal scale was small...

for the buildings, you should go to the canon website and get the cathedrals.
if you play with the textures you can make it look 40k like, makes for a cool central piece in your city
take a look: http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/2025/list_15_1.html

I would check out Mauther's site. He has a lot of small buildings like gas stations, homes etc., They would great for a cross country type environment.

jase9112

Hey all! Sorry about the slow reply! Here's the images I threw together if you want to build them yourselves. Set them to 100dpi and they should print out at the right size, unless photobucket has messed up with the images. I've taken to basing mine with cut up trading cards, which you should be able to pick up in any dollar store for cheap.

You'll have to copy these a bunch of times to print of a sheet of each. I've printed off 24 sentinels a page and 12 lemans, but both files were too big to upload to photobucket.

Here's the Sentinel:
sentinel100dpi6mm.jpg

The feet are the only really tricky part. Fold the back "toes" away from each other as you glue the legs together, then glue on the back heel for a "T" shape (you can get an idea of how it should look from the first post).

The Leman:
leman100dpi6mm.jpg

Nothing much to note about here.

One thing you cuold try to simplify/shorten the build time is to cut up the two side faces and glue them to each other back to back, removing the "track" sections in the middle. But the model would obviously look a lot worse.

Sanginus

@ jase9112: thanks for the Template pictures :thumb:

It would be kind if you are files at "Deposit Files" host, could or a similar service.

@ all: found other Epic stuff, look also at these "WarSeer Thread",
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14215

there is in the first post indicated on which side of the downloads are available,
great work of "EASY E" there! He has even constructed an Epic Baneblade,

have fun

Z

Zathros

Haven't seen anything put in there since October, 2011

I uploaded boat loads of stuff in there within the last week. If you in particular have something pending approval, send me a P.M. and I will check it out, O.K.? :)