Epic.18 Side carb v.s Rotary carb!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by mxmx995, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mxmx995

mxmx995 New Member

Hey i have a question about the epic engine whats the Difference an the side carb. & Rotary carb. dose one run better or faster than the other or what are some of your pros &cons of Side & Rotary Carbs. ?????????thanxs
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The slide carb gives you a huge throttle response and a high top end. While the rotary carb is meant to provide excellent throttle response throughout the midrange bands. That is why you see Slide carbs on On-Road cars and Rotary carbs on the Off-Road likes. Although as of late they have been mashing slides on everything. TMAXX and Savage and such
  3. Rotary carb is harder to tune too, and the slide carb is a sinch, I tune my slide carb everyday in less than 5 min.
  4. dudex

dudex Member

Rotary is actually supposed to be easier to tune than slide, but so far I have not really tested this theory. I guess it would also depend on the motor. If you are using the engine for on road get the slide and for offroad get the rotary.
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

Either carb tunes the same. The slide carb has a smoother acceleration rate. Most people run rotary carbs on off road.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.