Enterprise XCV-330

Discussion in 'Renders and Illustrations' started by zathros, Feb 11, 2014.

1. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Ent_Ring_Ship-3.jpg This is the beginning of the ringed Star Ship Enterprise of which so little is known.. I think it deserves some episodes. I have started on the nose section as it is the most difficult. Everything unfolds so far, but I have not started the hard parts yet. :)

A1.jpg R1.jpg R2.jpg
  2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This looks like it will be a GREAT model and will make a GREAT addition to ANY Star Trek collection.
    I will be following this thread.

I like what I'm seeing!
  4. zathros

Why Thank You. I hope to follow through!
  5. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

You're speaking my language, Zathros! Can't wait to see this beauty.
  6. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

looks good there Z I'll be following too
  7. zathros

I know it doesn't seem like much but now the ring in the front is unfoldable, billions of little unfoldable parts. There will be some consolidation. A very small step today.

D1.jpg D2.jpg D3.jpg
  8. zathros

Little further along. I should have this section skinned tomorrow.

9. johanvanacker

johanvanacker Member

Very nice. Although I'm a bit a star trek fan, I had never encountered this ship before.
  10. bgt01

This looks like a killer project @zathros! I love these "lost" Trek ships that never got the spotlight but everyone still knows.
  11. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

@johanvanacker; This ship was only featured in a photo display in the conference room where Kirk made his speech to the ships crew in Star Trek (TMP).
    This ship was never used for anything else.
  12. zathros

Problem with this ship is there is so little out there. I am still scouring, but I got this far. I may use a Ping Pong Ball for the sphere, if not, it will be conical rings, or I may try something I tried before but pulled. Anywho, here's is where I am now. The seams you see are actually just a sloppy putting together of the sections, but everything unrolls, except the ball. First pic shows the sections where paper would be glued together. E3.jpg :)

E1.jpg E2.jpg

Attached Files:

• E3.jpg
      File size:
      55.7 KB
  13. mcusanelli

mcusanelli Member

Wow! This ship is very cool and different, and your work looks fantastic! I look forward to seeing how this progresses. By the way, Zathros, is that you and your LIS Robot B-9 over at hobbytalk? If it is, beautiful job sir! I lurk around there once in a while to keep track of Sci Fi plastic kits.
  14. zathros

No, not my work. I don't really make models for people. I also do my thing here exclusively. I tend to try and help people making parts for theirs, or giving pointers. Thanks for the compliments.

If anyone finds any pictures of a decent size and wouldn't mind posting them in this thread, it could make for a better model. Thanks! :)
  15. bgt01

Hello Zathros. I sent you a PM with some reference pics I found on the net. Hope it helps.
  16. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

the best way to get (really) better views is to ask Mark Rademaker! He is the creator of the CGI model, what was the basis for the plastic model of Quantum Mechanix!
    his website: http://www.clawhammer.nl/
  17. zathros

I admire Mark Rademaker's work. I am not a big fan of that model though. I have used some other pictures and illustrations. I don't ask people who aren't members here or I don't know. I feel awkward. So I make my own meshes and go from there. I am more interested of models by Matt Jeffries, and original pictures.or drawings. I like to extrapolate from from those kind of photos.

Thanks for the link:)
  18. zathros

I'll check it out, Thanks! :)
  19. zathros

The "Ball" on the side is going. I have seen some pictures that leave me feeling it is in error, or one of a few choices, but unlikely and definitely not show in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture". I'll have more soon. :)
  20. Cforrest900

Cforrest900 Member

What scale would this be in? this looks huge!