Engine starting woes

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by aerick, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerick

aerick New Member

Ok, here's the deal: First off, I'll tell you that I'm a bit of a newbie at this so bear with me. My prior experience consists only of .049 cox engines, but I've made the step up to an OS .46 LA.

The engine is brand new, but I just can't seem to get the thing started. It seems almost as if the engine is hydralocked, because it gets very difficult to turn. So difficult in fact, that my electric starter can't even turn it. I understand that this can be the result of overpriming the engine, so I took the cylinder head off and drained all the fuel out of the engine, but that did not help. I tried it again, and the same problem occurred. It spins just fine when I take out the glow plug as well. Any ideas on what my problem could be? Any help would be appreciated.

Rick
  2. toby

toby New Member

Before you try to crank the engine, loosen the glow plug to help bleed off some compression (a 1/4 to 1/2 turn should do). Once the engine starts, remove the glow battery and tighten the plug back.
  3. aerick

aerick New Member

Hey, thanks a lot but I got it figured out-- I had a bad starter battery. Thanks anyway!
    Rick
  4. rc-crazy

rc-crazy New Member

u actually wasted ur time to do make this post when u didnt chech ur batteries
    this isnt a good hobby for u
  5. aerick

aerick New Member

Thanks for the advice.

Piss off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.