ENGINE PISTON GETTING STUCK HELP !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Deadlego, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

I have a engine that the piston is getting stuck at top bead center this happens in the frist 5 to 20 min of running. Need HELP ASAP !!!!!
    ANY ONE HAVE ANY CLUE WHY ???????????
  2. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

What engine is it? Is it a .21? They say that on a new .21 engines, they've been having problems because they make the top of the sleeve too small so it just locks the piston up. If its a old engine, you might of warped the sleeve.
  3. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

I have no clue what make it is. I Quote Canadianracer "If its a old engine, you might of warped the sleeve." what dose that mean?????? im like a nub im like 3 mouths new to this.
  4. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

5. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

dont let the pistion stay at the top the motor sounde tight still may take a while to quit doing that......u may have to turn the fly wheel over to get it to start back up after running...
  6. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

If it is an older car that u bought used it is probably just a worn engine sleeve and piston. you need to take it to a rc dealer and have them look at it and tell you what kind of rebuild kit you need. Generally you need to rebuild them after 3 gallons of gas. depending on how you run it. It might be that you are running it too lean . if you put 1 drop of water on the heat sink does it sizzle like bacon? If it does you need to richen the top/high speed needle valve above the carb. it looks like a screw in a brass tube. go 1/8th of a turn counter clockwise until the water eveaporates in about 3-4 seconds.

The piston and sleeve are inside the engine but make sure you clean it well and have a manual before you take it apart. My advice is go to a hobby shop and get them to help you.... good luck!
  7. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

is there a way to tell if the engine is a .15 or a .21 ??? Im some what of a nub but i can take the pull start plat off and the head off too.
  8. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

do u have a pic of it?????
  9. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

[file]DSC05763.JPG,3942,,0[/file]

[file]DSC05770.JPG,3942,,0[/file]

the top pic has a pic of a quater (sorry i have bad spelling $0.25, 25 cents)
    hey let me know if you need more pics so far you have been help full but i hope i can get it working. but ever time i try to run the car it gets lock and some time i can move it and some times i cant.......
    Any one who want to help let me know thanks
  10. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

it looks like a 21 to me can u tell me what car it is on thanks
  11. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

and it looks like a p4
  12. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

it is on a bmt 931 raceing 1/10 scale here a pic with body

[file]DSC05775.JPG,3942,,0[/file]

[file]DSC05778.JPG,3942,,0[/file]

i didnt put the green heart in the car remder i got the car off of ebay DONT BUY FROM EBAY YOU GET RIPPED OFF ABOUT 1/2 THE TIME !!
    thanks
  13. CaNaDiAnRaCeR

CaNaDiAnRaCeR Member

It kinda looks like a racing .15... And what I mean by if the piston sleeve is warped is that the perivious owner of the car could of been leaving his car in his garage so when the engine goes from cold at night to warm in the day, the sudden changes of expanding and contracting of the metal can 'disfigure' the sleeve and make some parts of it like bent out of shape.

And can you give some pics of the whole car with and without the body? then I can tell what engine it is. and do you know what make and model it is?
  14. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

ok it is a ttr .15 on a 1/10 scale car
  15. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

the car is BMT 931 raceing 1/10 scale</u> 2 wd racing car

[file]DSC05782.JPG,3942,,0[/file]
  16. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

what a ttr .15????
  17. BOWTIE1

BOWTIE1 Member

thunder tiger .15
  18. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

19. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

to me the engine looks a little bigger then my stock rush one also it have a DuraTrax Optional Blue CNC Cylinder Head. or at lest that what it looks to have. any one know is duratrax has change the look of there engine case ??????
  20. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

its not a ttr ity is a onfa force engine i found one like it thats a .26 i think my mine be .21 because the .29 has a 3.5 stamped on the side.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.