Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
SORRY GUYS, i passed out in my computer chair for awhile:eek:ops:(seem to do that alot:eek:ops: ). WOW!! Josh, Tom, and Thoroughbreed, THANK YOU!! friends!:D you three REALLY came through for me IN A BIG WAY!:thumb: YOU guys are tops!!:D GREAT U28B pic Tom!!:thumb: . Thoroughbreed, OUTSTANDING RS-27 PIC, AND WEBSITE, THANKS!!!:thumb: :D I saved it to my favorites:D . :D THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
JUST ORDERED ONE OF THESE!!:thumb::D. thats right, an SD45T-2 Athearn:thumb: already have an MRC Brillance sound decoder waiting to go into it;) . will be at my door within 2 weeks!:thumb: this engine will put my collection at 50 ENGINES!!!bounce7 CANT WAIT TO GET IT!!:D -Deano View attachment 29702

Attachments

• 937.JPG
    937.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 126

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
honestly Josh, i got an email today, and i WAS going to keep it a secret till it came in, but, oh heck, MY ATHEARN BIG BOY IS ON ITS WAY!!!:thumb: it too, should be at my door within 2 weeks!balloon6 that makes 51 ENGINES!!!:thumb: :D -Deano View attachment 29717

Attachments

• 4019b.JPG
    4019b.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 124

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
sign1 NO, but i tell you what, John Gray, LOOK OUT!:eek: I AM bound and determined to become the UP MODEL KING!!!:thumb: sign1 :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
I think that you already are one, at least that's the way it seems to mesign1 sign1
sign1 THANKS Josh!, but i only WISH that was true:D . John Gray is BY FAR, THE UP MODEL KING!:thumb: he runs 3 modal yards for UP, has the most AWESOME UP layout I HAVE EVER SEEN!:thumb: cripes, hes so rich, he pays a guy to work FULL TIME on his layout!:thumb: model railroader has wrote several articles on him(i have them), he has been in there new video set(i have it), and Allen Keller has done a video of his WHOLE LAYOUT!(of coarse I HAVE IT!:thumb: ) John Gray IS -BAR NONE-, THE UP MODEL KING!:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
Does he have a web site or somewhere I can see pictures of his layouts?

It sounds awsome :D :)
you know what, i am not sure. i would think there HAS TO BE something on his layout on the net though;) . perhaps a search is in order:thumb: . AWESOME, is WAY TO WEEK a word to describe his layout! it is SO BIG. he has modeled ALL OF CHEYENNE, the roundhouse ALONE is slap PHENOMENAL!:thumb: the landscape dirt IS FROM CHEYENNE! he collects brass engines, man i am talking about UP engines NO ONE ELSE HAS:thumb: . he is so rich, he has had people make brass UP engines that ONLY HE HAS!:thumb: SURELY, there must be something on him on the net:D . :D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
jawdrop I wish I was that rich.

Ill try a search tomarro. It's about 12:15 and im pretty tired from school. I started last tuesday. But ey, it's my senior year so im happy, then it's off to college and into contracting and construction. My favorite things.:D :)

Isn't it like 3 or 4 in the morning there in WI??

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
OK, nite Joshsign1 its 2:20am here. i have insomnia, i live on only 3-4 hours sleep a night. i will check on it too:thumb: .

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
O, Im not going to bed quite yet, I just found Tower 55's website. There engines are so cool. A little steep in price but they are outstounding in detail as you said, and that's just what I see in the pics.

Im going to make a wishlist tomarro of them.sign1 sign1

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
you bet Toewr55 IS NICE, them AND BLI:thumb: those are the best i can afford, brass is WAY out of my league.sign1 :D -Deano

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ya I cant stop looking at them, but unfortuntly, im finding it harder and harder every minute to keep my eyes open so I will be going to bed here pretty quick.

Can you believe that there is only 4 members on line right now?? and im 1 of them so that makes 3 and you 1 so that makes 2. WOW It's quiet. Well I gtg to bed. :eek:ops:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
sign1 ok, nice chatting with ya Josh, see ya in the forums later:thumb: . im going to pop in my John Gray vid, and check for anything on him thats online, will let ya know tomarrow night. :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Overall Of Dads Layout

well folks, its Saturday, and we all know i go work on dads layout on Saturdays:thumb: . i am sorry to say dad is really not doing to good now:( , his shaking has been getting ALOT worse, and today when i got there at 11:30, ma was getting ready to take him to the ER:( . he has had a REAL BAD case of bronchitis, and hasn't been able to shake it for some time now:( . i was just going to go back home, but dad INSISTED i stay and get some work done on the layout. they got back at 6:00, and we spent an hour with the layout before he went to bed. dad hasn't been able to model much in the last two years, but still enjoys running trains:thumb: , and i think he enjoys the time we spend together on Saturdays:) . today i got all the ground cover done except a 1'x2' area, ran out of glue:eek:ops::rolleyes: . worked on the town a little too:thumb: . only three of the buildings on his layout are mine, all the rest of them he made from previous layouts he had(dads a packrat). i mention dads layout alot, so i thought i would show you folks some "overall" pics of it:thumb: . the track plan really is just a dogbone, with 2 passing sidings, a ton of industry spurs, some engine holding tracks and a small yard. i REALLY hate to show these pics as the layout is SO FAR FROM COMPLETION, it ain't even funny, but these will give you an idea of what its like:thumb: . NOTHING is finished, needs backdrops,trees,ballasting, oh cripes, it needs IT ALL:eek:ops: . the pics start at one end and follows around to the other. :) -Deano View attachment 29730 View attachment 29731 View attachment 29732 View attachment 29733 View attachment 29734

Attachments

• o1.JPG
    o1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 132
  • o2.JPG
    o2.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 137
  • o3.JPG
    o3.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 135
  • o4.JPG
    o4.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 131
  • o5.JPG
    o5.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 133

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
WOW, YOUR DAD'S LAYOUT IS SO COOL. I LOVE IT!!!:D :thumb: GREAT JOB TO YOU AND YOUR DAD FOR THE NICE PROGRESS.

Im sorry to hear about your dad Deano, I truly hope things turn out ok and hope that he gets well enough again to help you keep making progress on his layout. I think it is great that you are helping your dad out and Im sure he enjoys and apreciates it too:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.