Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
WOW. Steve, that LOOKS AMAZING :eek: :cool: :thumb: and those locos that you put infront of it really bring the scene to life.:thumb: :thumb: :D AWSOME job guys, team work makes perfect work!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I can't wait to see some more pictures:thumb: :D :D :D :D

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Now we know why we saw so little progress on Steve’s (Nazgul) layout the last few weeks. You kidnapped him and made him work for you sign1 . But the result is a good excuse if you are prosecuted for kidnapping :D . Steve, I love your mountains, you are a true artist. How did you do this pueblo?:thumb: . And Deano, your engines look great in front of this gorgeous scene. Do you really think that 10 pictures are enough? Give us some more!! :wave:

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Thank you guys for the kind words:thumb: My greatest fear when starting this project was that it would not measure up to the high standards set by Deano. I also knew that Deano's photography would show the flaws that my lousy photography hides!sign1Having said that, I've had more fun doing this project than almost anything I've done since I started modeling and I'm very happy with the results (I almost wish I had a desert themed layout:D )
How did this "thing" get started? I have received help from soooooo many great modelers here on The Gauge. I am never afraid to ask questions because all of you have always been so gracious and generous with sharing your knowledge and expertise. I can't begin to name all the people who have helped me (we'd be here all winter!:D ) but I really leaned heavily on Deano, and because of the type of person he is, he patiently put up with me. I wanted to thank him in some way and when he decided to do a new diorama with removable scenes, I decided to make Deano a rock-wall. Deano chose a desert scene and I have done my best to make one that will show his engines off to their best advantage. As I worked on the scene, I would send him update photos...BIG MISTAKE!!! with every photo, Deano would say he wanted to do something for me. By the time I sent the final pic...Deano was sending me (I could not talk him out of it) not 1 but 2 fully "DEANO-IZED" Northern Pacific F-units. Deano put everything but the kitchen sink (grabs, hoses, antenna, Kadee couplers, F-plates, etc) on these units. Did I mention he put MRC Brilliance decoders in them?! Did I mention he programed, ran and tested them?........Oh yeah, he also thought he didn't do enough so he bought 2 box car kits and assembled and then weathered them for me! I'm sure I've forgotten something......suffice it to say: after my thank you gift.......I'm more in debt now than I was when I started!sign1
I could go on all night but I will end with pics Deano sent of the engines (my pics aren't clear enough) and a pic of the box cars I took on my layout.....
Thank you for everything, my friend
View attachment 33010

View attachment 33011

View attachment 33012

View attachment 33013

Attachments

• Deano 3.JPG
    Deano 3.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Deano 2.jpg
    Deano 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Deano 4.jpg
    Deano 4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Deano 1.jpg
    Deano 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 144

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
WOW! I want to build a scene for Deano now! And no, not just for the thank you gift. Of course, I don't think I could do a scene nearly as nice as yours turned out Steve

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Yowwwsaaahhh...!!! Gorgeous engines & cars. You two should start a business together...One does engines and cars, the other builds super-dioramas for layouts. Just remember, you HAVE to sell what you build; you can't keep'em all...

Congrats to both for a great joint effort...!!!:thumb:

P.D. I just started a new phase of my layout, pictures will follow.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Up Through The Dessert...

FIRST, i would like to thank ALL of you folks for the GREAT complements!!! THANK YOU!!!:D

Steve:wave:, THANK YOU, for the STUPENDOUS WORK!!!:D Hey, you know i eat, drink, sleep AND breath UP!, did you honestly think i wasn't going to do a UP box up for ya:D. i enjoyed doing those engines up for you, it was a fair trade off for the FANTASTIC JOB you had done for me:D. well, the nose grabs on the F7 was a real bear:eek:ops:(don't ask), and matching the paint on the F7 add on parts was quite a task too:rolleyes:. but the other work i had done to both units, like installing the F unit coupler cut bars, sunshades, mirrors, roof grabs, decaling, antennas, wipers(on the F7), installing the sound decoders and lights, and the paint work i did on the add on parts for the F3, was quite enjoyable:thumb:. AGAIN, THANK YOU STEVE!:D it was well worth it!:D

Gus:wave:, cant wait to see the pics of the NEW phase of your layout!:thumb:

Heres a couple more pics of "UP DIESELS IN THE DESSERT":D the last two pics don't go with the rest, but i noticed i haven't posted many pics of my UP F-E-F Class 3 Northern, so i put one of it in here:thumb:. and the last pic IS NOT A GREAT PIC, but i kinda liked it, its the rear of 3 of 4 of my UP steamers:thumb:. left to right, F-E-F Class 3 Northern, 1(of 2)of my Challengers, and my BIG BOY!:thumb: HOPE you folks enjoy the pics;). :D -Deano View attachment 33074 View attachment 33075 View attachment 33076 View attachment 33077 View attachment 33078

Attachments

• 1114.JPG
    1114.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 1115.JPG
    1115.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1116.JPG
    1116.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 1117.JPG
    1117.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 1118.JPG
    1118.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 94

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano you said:
and the last pic IS NOT A GREAT PIC, but i kinda liked it, its the rear of 3 of 4 of my UP steamers
thumbsup.gif
. left to right, F-E-F Class 3 Northern, 1(of 2)of my Challengers, and my BIG BOY!
thumbsup.gif
HOPE you folks enjoy the pics
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
-Deano
That's funny... because that's my favorite pic!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: and the one before it ain't too shabby neither...although the background in your other shots could use some work (just a little "constructive" criticism)tooth1 ENJOY IT! It was and is my pleasure!:thumb:
Gus....I'm also looking forward to more progress pics!:thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve:wave:, I'm glad you liked the steamer shots, not great pics, but...is there really a bad shot of steamers?;)tooth1 BTW, i think the background in the other pics is nothing short of STUPENDOUS!:thumb: kindly keep your criticism on it to yourself:eek: ;) tooth1 sign1
THANKS STEVE!!!:D

Steven, you want some over all pics of the background, Hmmm...thats do able:thumb: . i will try and post some later tonight;) THANK YOU!:D

:D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Thank you Deano! I want to know whether or not I should hire Steve to do my scenery too. Then again, I'm going a completely different route than Steve, as I'm modelling a logging scene on one end, and a village on the other. No major rockfaces, though I think I will be able to fit one or two small ones in there

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
Deano, neither one of you have posted an overall shot of the scenery, how bout it?
OK Steven, here's three pics of the FANTASTIC rock work Steve had done for an add on, on my diorama:D. as you can see, it fits GREAT, and can be put on, or taken off very easily:thumb:. hard to believe all the different scenes i have been able to do on this board with a piece of track on it so far:thumb:, and i still have TONS of plans for it;). :D -Deano View attachment 33158 View attachment 33159 View attachment 33160

Attachments

• DSC01943.JPG
    DSC01943.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC01947.JPG
    DSC01947.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01968.JPG
    DSC01968.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 73

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
As always, Steve & Deano have done a superb job...!!! Steve, how 'bout a quick, "here's how I did it" for those rock formations..??? As you know, I'm a sucker for southwestern scenery, and those are as good as they get...!!!:thumb:

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
hey thanks guys!
Gus.....I was planning a little "how I did it" on my thread or in "tips" when I get the chance:thumb:
But to be up front with everyone...I think I did a "good" job, but it's Deano's awesome photography that really makes the scene look much better than it really is...........don't believe me?
Here's a photo I took of it right before I put it in a box and sent it to Deano:
View attachment 33229
I tell you.......The man's a genius!!!!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: sign1

Attachments

• Deano 1.jpg
    Deano 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 114

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
WOW, never thought that Deano was such a photographic genius sign1 . Steve, you need to do a how-to. Looking at these blocks of blue foam, I can hardly imagine how your beautiful rockfaces emerge from that. :wave:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Merry Christmas!!!

:D MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!!!:D i hope ALL of you have a GREAT Christmas:D, and a HAPPY New Year!!!:thumb::D

The guys at UP's -ROCK VALLEY SUB- and I :D, hope you all have a SAFE and HAPPY HOLIDAYS:thumb::D.

:D -Deano View attachment 33328

Attachments

• xmas.JPG
    xmas.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.