Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

OK, Miles & Wayne:wave:, here is the lowdown on the middle pic Wayne posted: its a FM CPA16-5 builder#2853 sold to CN new on 12/1954. CN had 6 of them:thumb:. THANKS AGAIN Wayne, for the VERY COOL PICS, and info!:thumb: **Steve!!!:wave:, WOW!!!:eek: TOTALLY OUTSTANDING WORK!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D THANKS!, for the VERY KIND words!:D...but as far as your engine goes, DON'T give me ANY CREDIT, YOU did it, and a FANTASTIC JOB AT THAT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: BTW, i don't see Dennis, but his ex wife Carmen Electra told me to say HI to you...before she left here tonight.:eek:;)tooth1. announce1 had the day off, went to dads, will post what went on in a bit;). THANKS! :D -Deano

Nazgul

Thank you Wayne
It certainly was a great learning experience and I'll tell you something:
I had every intention of really going heavy on the weathering, but as I looked here on The Gauge for weathered loco pics, I noticed that so many of the best looking ones (yours included:thumb: ) looked as you said: "used but not abused" so that's what I tried to do...and am glad I did.

Deano Thank you for the kind words and for everything.............ya know..
Carmen is sooooooo fickle:D

UP SD40-2

Day Off, Went to Dads...

Vacation day today!:D so i went to dads:thumb:. i sent dad a pick last night of the Milwaukee road engine i had bought, he called me today and said "the heck with waiting for the decoder, BRING IT OVER!!!" ...so i did:thumb:. i set dads layout to run on DC or DCC with the flip of a toggle switch, this way he could run his older stuff that he doesn't have the money to put decoders in:thumb:. the engine ran GREAT!!!:D he was SO HAPPY!!!:D i bought the engine because 1- it just looks AWESOME, 2-we have been drooling over it for awhile now, and 3-it matches the old Milwaukee Road passenger cars he has had for YEARS!;). Dad has a black Milwaukee road pacific he has been using to pull the old cars, and likes it because it was exactly the same kind of pacific Milwaukee road ran that dad had seen MANY times as a kid:thumb:. but the "Chippewa" i bought Saturday just was a near PERFECT match for those cars, and dad was GLAD to put it on the layout:thumb:. i brought one of my Challengers home so there was room for the Chippewa on his layout, thats OK, it will give me a chance to get some shots of one of my Challengers here on my diorama:thumb:. i have most ALL of my transition era stuff at dads, so i brought a couple of my 40'ers home for some pics with my older UP engines. announce1 Wayne:wave:, the last pic is what the picture looked like BEFORE i cropped it, after i cropped it, you couldn't even tell it was taken from the 2nd floor;). i HATE the snow(lived in Florida for 17yrs), but i cant wait to get some outside pics with those trees with snow on them in the background:thumb:. :D -Deano View attachment 31766 View attachment 31767 View attachment 31768 View attachment 31769 View attachment 31770

Attachments

• ddd1.JPG
    ddd1.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 84
  • ddd2.JPG
    ddd2.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 80
  • ddd3.JPG
    ddd3.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 76
  • ddd4.JPG
    ddd4.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 73
  • ddd5.JPG
    ddd5.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 79

Nazgul

Deano
The Chippewa does look perfect on your Dad's layout...love the color, and with the vintage autos and billboard...it looks right at home:thumb: . one last thing....
How come your vacation days are spent so much better than mine?

MilesWestern

Very Nice work Nagzul! :thumb: Now THAT's weathering! :thumb:

Dean, how well do the IHC Pacific's run?

The Chippewa Looks Fantabulistic! :D

The Grass on your new diorama matches your dad's lawn SO closely, It's like an optical illusion! :eek:

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
The Grass on your new diorama matches your dad's lawn SO closely, It's like an optical illusion! :eek:
Miles:wave:, that lawn IS MY LAWN, NOT my dads;). my son and i live in a second story apt., dad has a house of his own. THANKS!, for the complement on the Chippewa!:D to answer your question on how well dads IHC(black) pacific runs, GREAT!!!:thumb: believe it or not, that engine was $65.00 and not only does it run GREAT, but it is quieter then the Riverossi Chippewa i bought Saturday for $129.00:eek:;). BTW, both, the black IHC pacific, and the Riverossi(Chippewa)pacific run VERY WELL on 18R curves!:thumb: :D- Deano

UP SD40-2

Nazgul said:
Deano
The Chippewa does look perfect on your Dad's layout...love the color, and with the vintage autos and billboard...it looks right at home:thumb: . one last thing....
How come your vacation days are spent so much better than mine?
Steve:wave:, THANKS!, for the kind words!:D the key to a GREAT vacation day is to fill it COMPLETELY with TRAINS!!!:thumb: IF i would have made the trip to UP's yard today, that would have made it even better!!!;). :D -Deano

viperman

Deano, how old are you and your son? Something I've been wondering for a while myself.

That Chippewa does look like a perfect match for those cars! I need to get myself a small steamer. I saw a Bachman(?) set with an 0-6-0 at Meijer, and want that one now

UP SD40-2

viperman said:
Deano, how old are you and your son? Something I've been wondering for a while myself.

That Chippewa does look like a perfect match for those cars! I need to get myself a small steamer. I saw a Bachman(?) set with an 0-6-0 at Meijer, and want that one now
Steven, my son is 13, and i am 41:D, though my mind says I'm younger at times, but my body mostly feels OLDER(now where did i put my canesign1 ). i DON'T WANT TO START A WAR, but, i just bought a Bachmann 0-6-0, and though it looks neat:thumb:, its NOT a great runner:(. if you are looking for an engine that can crawl, and run smooth at SLOW speeds, i would NOT recommend them;). takes a lot of power to get it to move, then you ALWAYS get a jackrabbit start, NOT smooth at slow speeds;). Dads IHC premier series engine(the black pacific) runs 1000X better:thumb:. MY THOUGHTS(did i say MY THOUGHTS?), are, if you are going to go cheap, try a IHC premier series engine:thumb:. JUST MY THOUGHTS!;) :D -Deano

viperman

Oh, I know about Bachman. I just want it to say I have a steamer, and got it cheap. I have no intention of buying it. If I were to buy a steamer, it'd be a Mikado

Oh, and I'm 24

MilesWestern

Were those your THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS?!?!! OH MY GOD!!! :eek:

sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

Just kiddin' I agree, mine's better off 'fer parts! :p

steamhead

If you don't look REAL close, or don't know you're looking at a diorama, that pic is of a REAL train...!!! Good job...!!!:thumb:

UP SD40-2

THANK YOU STEVE!!!:D gotta work Saturday, but have a vacation day on Monday, so i am going to try some more outdoor shots Sunday or Monday. i got my NEW backdrops in today!:thumb: i am going to try and find some time this week and set up for some inside shots;). THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

i have been so darn busy at work, by the time i get home i have just been to wore out to have the ambition to do much with the trains:(. i have 5 car kits to do, so i took the time to put one together tonight:thumb:. i have Sunday and Monday off, have plans on modeling and perhaps a trip to UP's yard:thumb:, hope things pan out;). :D -Deano View attachment 31876 View attachment 31877 View attachment 31878 View attachment 31879

Attachments

• gbw111.JPG
    gbw111.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 93
  • gbw222.JPG
    gbw222.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 91
  • gbw333.JPG
    gbw333.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC096341.JPG
    DSC096341.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 92

cnw1961

I have to back Josh. This weathering job is simply awesome. how did you do the rust around the Cushion Service lettering?

UP SD40-2

Josh & Kurt, THANK YOU, for the VERY KIND words!:D i used a jewelers screwdriver to make the simulated forklift scratches on the side of the box. i use Polly Scale "Milwaukee Road orange", and Polly Scale "Boxcar Red" mixed together to make my rust;). i ALWAYS use 70% strength Isopropyl Alcohol to reduce the Polly Scale paint. i dry brushed on the rust coming down from the scratches on the boxcar. THANKS!:D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.