Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Yeah, now where did little "Grant" go...?:D (Read AndyWS's recent post about anmed locos)

Sayyy, Deano: I've got that hankering too..uh oh! :rolleyes: Got any pics of SW7's?
Miles:wave:, Andy's little "Grant", is probably sitting in the roundhouse in Cheyenne right now;) . SO, you have a hankering for some armor yellow to eh...my advice to you is to get those UP units you have running, and on the road:thumb: . sorry, don't have any SW7 pics(proto, or model:(), but perhaps one of the first three models below would work for your layout;) sign1 . **Steve, GLAD to have been of help!tooth1 **Steven, the last pic is one for you:thumb:. to answer your "operation lifesaver" question, it was their add campaign they used for a while, you know, like UP used "everywhere west" and "automated railway" etc.:D -Deano View attachment 31585 View attachment 31586 View attachment 31587 View attachment 31588

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 70
  • m2.JPG
    m2.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 68
  • m3.JPG
    m3.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 68
  • m4.JPG
    m4.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 71

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
I think I remember seeing the CNW's painted with that sceme, years ago. I DO remember learning about trains in 5th grade, and that had something to do with Operation Lifesaver too. Those are 2 words put together I will never forget, and will always have some sort of meaning to me

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Pic 1 Out of my era by two years, and I almost bought that wngine (In SF zebra stripe) and 1958 my cutoff point
Pic 2 GE was still making 44& 70 tonners in my era, certianly not the U boats! ;)
Pic 3, the only FM units I like were the H-10/12/20-44's and the Trainmaster, sorry! :)
Pic 4, beautiful detailing! :thumb: A little bit out of my era though! ;)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
I think I remember seeing the CNW's painted with that sceme, years ago. I DO remember learning about trains in 5th grade, and that had something to do with Operation Lifesaver too. Those are 2 words put together I will never forget, and will always have some sort of meaning to me
that was the last slogan they used before UP took over:thumb: . it was a campaign most all railroads was into, but CNW put it on the sides of their engines. today, WSOR has it on the side of one of their engines. the program is still going today.:thumb: **Miles, DOH!, couldn't remember exactly what years you were modeling:eek:ops: . HOW could you not like that FM H15-44? IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!:D :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
Deano, that FM is a bit odd looking, but I do like it. What years were those run?
Steven, UP received FM H15-44 #1325 on 4/1948, and ran her till 1969:thumb: . :D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Cool, thanks Deano!

Like I mentioned 5th grade, that was when I learned how to count the wheelsets on steamers, we took a field trip to the museum in Union (which happened to be the day after shooting A League Of Their Own there)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
WOW, I have missed like the last 2 pages of this thread :eek: :( :cry: :eek:ops:

Deano, great info on the steamers, enjoyed reading it:thumb: :thumb:

Nice pictures of those engines to:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

O, and nice job on the weathering of that D&RGW covered hopper to, it looks great as all of your other do to.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Josh:wave:, THANK YOU!, for the complements:D. announce1 **NEWS** i have decided since i cant expand the layout at this time:( , i am going to start a diorama this weekend:D. my layout is so full of tracks that it would make it to hard to change scenes on it, and make it look right. i don't want to change the layout because it works quite well:thumb:, and STILL provides hours of enjoyment:thumb:. i have put much thought into how the diorama will be done, i plan on making it VERY simple, with open road shots in mind:D. i do plan on making it so i could EASILY put roads, buildings etc., on it and take them off. ALSO, i am keeping it small enough to take outside for some shots, like by the water, or for winter shots with snow(i have some ideas on making snow look like snow covered mountains;)). for inside shots, i have ordered some different backgrounds:thumb: , but the place i order them from is kinda slow, might be 8 days before they get to my house. ANYWAYS, i am on my way to the hobby shop after this post to pick up supplies:thumb: . WSOR's round house is right by the hobby shop, might stop by for some pics too;) . :D -Deano View attachment 31616 View attachment 31617 View attachment 31618 View attachment 31619 View attachment 31620

Attachments

• rpl1.JPG
    rpl1.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 116
  • rpl2.JPG
    rpl2.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 119
  • rpl3.JPG
    rpl3.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 116
  • rpl4.JPG
    rpl4.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 120
  • rpl5.JPG
    rpl5.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 116

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano
A new diorama sounds like a great idea:thumb: It will be cool to see your trains in a new setting and the possibility of removable structures and roads will really enhance your ability to create interesting and varied scenes:thumb: :thumb: .
Looking forward to seeing it:)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Nazgul said:
Deano
A new diorama sounds like a great idea:thumb: It will be cool to see your trains in a new setting and the possibility of removable structures and roads will really enhance your ability to create interesting and varied scenes:thumb: :thumb: .
Looking forward to seeing it:)
Josh, THANKS!!!:D , I'M HAPPY TOO!:D **Steven, naw, no secrets on this, just hope it works out;). i have posted below a pic of what it will be like:thumb:. **Steve, your quote is my line of thinking!:thumb::D announce1 like i said before, my layout works out REAL WELL for me, i am still NOT bored with it, and it IS A BLAST TO RUN ON!:thumb:. tearing the layout apart was NOT an option, but sadly, at this time i cant expand on it either:(. by doing this diorama, it will provide MANY new settings for pics of my FAVORITE thing in this hobby...MY ENGINES!:thumb::D announce1 DOWN SIDE OF IT, now the 5000 projects i currently have:rolleyes:, turned into 10,000 projectstooth1. announce1 BRIGHT SIDE OF IT, now i have MANY new goals to shoot for, and am excited about seeing them through, AND, it will give you guys NEW settings to look at, helps make the pics NOT all look the same;). the more i think on this, the more possibilities come to mind:thumb:. by setting the track in the middle of the board it gives me room to do things on BOTH sides, and gives the diorama depth, so the backdrop is not right against the train:thumb: . i hope things work out;) . THANKS! :D -Deano View attachment 31639

Attachments

• new one.JPG
    new one.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 97

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
New Engines #'s 57 & 58!!!

Dad, was gone today, so i decided to go to the hobby shop in Rockford:thumb: . well...there was an engine there that dad and i have had our eyes on, but never bought it, it was a Milwaukee Road 4-6-2 pacific "the Chippewa" made by Rivarossi. luckily it was still there, so today, I BOUGHT IT!:thumb: boy dad will be surprised when he finds out:D. he has some old Milwaukee Road passenger cars that will look PERFECT behind this engine:thumb:. i have just ordered a Tsunami sound decoder to go in it, as soon as it comes in, and i install it, this engine will go to dads, and will be run on his layout. i guess i will get to see what all the hoopla is about Tsunami sound decoders. ALL my steamers came with sound except my F-E-F UP Northern, i put LokSound in that, and am quite happy with it. announce1 I also bought a cheapo Bachmann 0-6-0, i got this engine DIRT CHEAP:thumb:. i have NO plans at this time to put a decoder in it, i really just bought it to practice weathering steamers ontooth1. heres the NEW engines i have added to my collection:thumb:. :D -Deano View attachment 31647 View attachment 31648 View attachment 31649 View attachment 31650 View attachment 31651

Attachments

• mll1.JPG
    mll1.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 74
  • mll2.JPG
    mll2.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 81
  • mll3.JPG
    mll3.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 75
  • mll4.JPG
    mll4.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 75
  • mll5.JPG
    mll5.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 73

caliban

May 3, 2006
Lower-Saxony, GERMANY
Hi Deano,

had been off for a while. Cool pictures and can't wait to see your new diorama. Heard you had trouble with some punks on the Rock Valley Sub a while ago. May be there will be a situation Bruno can't clear. If you'll ever have trouble with criminal activity on the Rock Valley Sub, give me a call and I'll send my boys. They'll take care of them.

announce1 Breaking News - Channel 41 - Live from Downtown

"Shootout between Police and criminals. Two of the citys leading gangster where arrested in a swift action of the Metro Police Dept. SWAT-Team. One suspect was shot after he opened fire on the advancing SWAT-Team with an Uzi submachinegun. Inside the house, Police found severall pounds of drugs and piles of illegal weapons. A Police spokesman called the operation as a "perfect example of Police Spec Ops". No officer or civillian was injured.- Channel 41 reporting live from the crime scene -":thumb:

announce1 balloon6 balloon6 Post #600 Congrats!!balloon6 balloon6

Attachments

• DSC02434.jpg
    DSC02434.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC02435.jpg
    DSC02435.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC02442.jpg
    DSC02442.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02446.jpg