Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles, Steve, Wayne, Josh, Steven, Kurt, and Herc, WOW!!!:eek: I THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR OVERWHELMING SUPPORT!!:D :D :D THANKS!!!:cry: :D . **Miles, i laughed my ____ off at the post you put under the pic Steven posted!sign1 i just imagined knocking on my dads door telling him the big boy i ordered is here, the look i imagined would be on his face was...priceless:D . **Wayne, i know you asked the question to Steven, but i have some insight on the pic. the engine was moved to Kenefick park, i seen the story on moving that big boy:thumb: , it was quite a task. if i remember right, it only had to be moved about 5-7 miles(cripes, been a while since i seen it, cant remember:eek:ops: ). the problem was, sure big boys weighed a lot, but this was one of the last five ordered by UP, and those were the HEAVIEST!!!:eek: they blew out many tires in the move, amongst dozens of other problems. now the big boy sits on a hill in Kenefick park by a DD40AX:thumb:. sorry i cant remember more. THANKS again guys!!!:D :D -Deano View attachment 31249 View attachment 31250

Attachments

• KenefickD.jpg
    KenefickD.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 97
  • KenefickN.JPG
    KenefickN.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 70

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
OVER 1000 POSTS, CONGRATULATIONS WAYNE!!!:thumb: bounce7 balloon6 :D VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT 1000!!!:thumb: :D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Appears Deano is correct. Here is the caption from the picture: "UP's "Big-Boy" steam locomotive, UP 4023, fills Bancroft Street at the new Kenefick Park in Omaha Nebraska. Gives a new meaning to the term "Street Running"!"
Doesn't mention anything about the distance traveled, but I'm sure it was exciting none-the-less

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
And another one. This time the caption says "Big Boy on static display-currently displayed at Omaha's Kenefick Park."
28-UP_4023-2.JPG.98242.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Thanks Dean, it looks like I'm the slowest of the bunch among the last few who have posted here.:rolleyes: At the rate you're going, you'll have 1000 before your first year is up. Thanks for the info on that Big Boy on the move. I thought that it looked fairly recent, so it was nice to see that it appears to be well-taken-care-of. Around here, we're lucky if a park has a set of swings.:)

Wayne

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Steven
those are great pics!...too cool!:thumb: :thumb:
Deano
Thanks for tieing it UP for us!:thumb: :thumb:
Congrats Wayne...learned so much listenin' and lookin' at your excellent posts!:thumb: :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles, it would be neat to create that scene:thumb: . not sure if you can go in them, i would guess, not. **Steven, the last pic you posted IS where the #4023 was moved from:thumb: . NICE PIC!:thumb: . **Wayne, i COULD NOT have put it better then Steve:thumb: . i say, NO, THANK YOU!!, for ALL we have learned from listenin' and lookin' at your EXCELLENT POSTS!!:thumb: THANKS!:D **announce1 i thought i would post something different, the "older" ones of us would recognize this type of advertising;) . i had to reduce them to put them on here:( , but i hope you enjoy them:thumb: . :D -Deano View attachment 31288 View attachment 31289 View attachment 31290 View attachment 31291 View attachment 31292

Attachments

• 695.JPG
    695.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 98
  • lr_504482-poster-streamline.JPG
    lr_504482-poster-streamline.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 99
  • lr_calendar-overland-rte-co.JPG
    lr_calendar-overland-rte-co.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 101
  • lr_poster-wwii-lifelines-co.JPG
    lr_poster-wwii-lifelines-co.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 98
  • up ad.JPG
    up ad.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 99

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
Cool ads there Deano! Never seen those. All they all UP?
Steven, now YOU KNOW i eat, drink, sleep, AND breath UNION PACIFIC!!!;) , OF COARSE THEY ARE!:thumb::Dsign1 BTW, GLAD you liked them:thumb: . :D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Some nice examples of advertising there, Dean.:thumb: Are they reproductions or the real McCoy?
I like that "Life-Lines to Victory" showing all of the continents, including Alaska and Greenland.:D , and the one before that, with the U.P. Shield, from my modelled era. Even the first one, obviously the most modern, is interesting: very late '60-ish, early '70-ish.. ..."So, like, what's your sign....?"
Thanks for sharing, Dean.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
THANKS Wayne!!!:D i was hoping you would catch a glimse of them:thumb: . they are pics of the REAL thing, saved them from various places online:D . have a few more, but would take a day to go through all my files;) . heres two i found in the same folder that ARE NOT UP. check out the inside of the dome car in the Zephyr add:thumb: . announce1 heres a "fun fact" for you folks, MANY roads had the dome cars, but did you know that UP was THE ONLY ROAD that had "dome diners". thats right!;) , you could eat while riding in the dome enjoying the view!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 31297 View attachment 31298

Attachments

• lr_ad-cnw-chicago-terminal.JPG
    lr_ad-cnw-chicago-terminal.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 100
  • pmintro1.JPG
    pmintro1.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 97

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Gosh, I'm SO sorry! I never suspected with all the pictures you post that you're a dail-upper! :eek:ops: :(

The only thing that bugged me was they put EMD style fans on the top of the locomotive, even though the GE's never had fans on the roofs.

Say...why don't they? They'rea staple of EMD design, yet they're COMPLETELY absent from nearly every GE locomotive...why?

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Gosh, I'm SO sorry! I never suspected with all the pictures you post that you're a dail-upper! :eek:ops: :(

The only thing that bugged me was they put EMD style fans on the top of the locomotive, even though the GE's never had fans on the roofs.

Say...why don't they? They'rea staple of EMD design, yet they're COMPLETELY absent from nearly every GE locomotive...why?
Miles:wave: , DON'T BE SORRY:thumb: , that was a VERY COOL VID!:thumb: when i seen it, i did a double take, i couldn't believe it either, the placement of the fans. then i realized it was a made up engine:rolleyes::eek:ops: . GE's cooling system is different from EMD's, thats why you don't see fans or vents in that part of the roof. sorry, don't know exactly how they do it:( . THANKS! again Miles!:thumb: :D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.