Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnw1961

Dean, you are a real professional when it comes to detailing and this SP SD45T-2 is your masterpiece. Great job. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Wayne, it’s a miracle. The internet must be a whole new world to you with the red component of your monitor :D . Hope it lasts.

UP SD40-2

g_e_c, THANKS!!!:D **Wayne, sorry to hear your power went out:( , but GLAD that old steam powered monitor of yours is working GREAT now!:thumb::D . THANK YOU for the VERY KIND words:D , that means a lot to me:D . **Kurt, THANK YOU so much for the GREAT complement:D !. THANKS GUYS!, GLAD you popped in:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Engine #9 Finished

OK folks, please bear with me, i am trying to finish all my patched engines up to get them out of the way:thumb: . if you guys are put off by this engine, DON'T pop in tomorrow, the next one will put you on the floor:eek:;) . i do have two others, but those will have VERY little done to them, i don't want all of them to be in such bad shape:thumb:. announce1**OK, enough ramblingtooth1 , THIS engine is an Athearn BB CNW SD40-2:thumb: , heres what i have done; installed an MRC 370AD sound decoder, 11 decals, sunshades, coupler cut bars, hoses, low mount MU socket, MU holder, painted safety white on the railings, and weathered the WHOLE engine:thumb:(still have to put in the number boards:eek:ops:) . ** FIRST PIC, out of the box. **second pic, ONE of a FEW prototype pics i used to make this engine up. didn't want to get as extreme as this pic, but is an example of how far i could have went, and still been prototypical. **REST of the pics are the engine finished:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30630 View attachment 30631 View attachment 30632 View attachment 30633 View attachment 30634

Attachments

• cnw401.JPG
    cnw401.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 93
  • cnw402.JPG
    cnw402.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 94
  • cnw403.JPG
    cnw403.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 91
  • cnw404.JPG
    cnw404.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 98
  • cnw405.JPG
    cnw405.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 92

viperman

Looks nice Deano! Did a good jon on the weathering too. Those SD40 series engines sure seem to get dirty very easy! Should see the one I've seen on the UP lines at work a few times

Russ Bellinis

Really nice weathering, Dean. When you have seen one sd40-2, you've seen them all, not counting the Canadian versions with the Canadian safety cabs. What sets one sd40-2 model apart from another one is the weathering!

steamhead

You actually weathered (so it's visible...) an engine!!! Great job there. I don't see the brake (??) wheel on your model that's in the nose of the prototype. What gives?? :thumb:

Gus (LC&P).

AFT4449

steamhead said:
You actually weathered (so it's visible...) an engine!!! Great job there. I don't see the brake (??) wheel on your model that's in the nose of the prototype. What gives?? :thumb:

Gus (LC&P).

Or the nose bell, a DEAD giveaway for Northwestern dash 2's. BTW hello from another Wisconinite. a Sheesehead of sorts.-:rolleyes: Dianne

viperman

Dianne and Deano, where abouts in WI are yall? I'm in Crystal Lake, IL, which isn't too far south of the border, between 47 and 12

AFT4449

viperman said:
Dianne and Deano, where abouts in WI are yall? I'm in Crystal Lake, IL, which isn't too far south of the border, between 47 and 12

:wave: I'm about 4 miles southeast of Argyle, WI. Cheesehead country!! Isn't Crytal lake where the Northwestern, now metra or whatever, used to park their commuter trains?-Dianne

UP SD40-2

steamhead said:

Gus (LC&P).
Steven, Chessie6459, Russ, Herc, Gus and Josh, THANK YOU!!:D , for the GREAT complements!:D **Dianne:wave:WECOME TO THE GAUGE!!:thumb::D i am HONORED that you have popped in on this thread:D . so you are from Argyle, my dads from Wiota, and my uncle lives between Argyle and Wiota:thumb: . **Gus & Dianne, both of you are correct, the CNW i did IS NOT real prototypical:( . the engine i used is an Athearn BB, and they ARE real generic. i know it seems like i am a rivet counter at times:eek:ops: , but a rivet counter I AM NOT:D. i am a mediocre modeler at best, and i just find GREAT FUN in detailing up engines to a certain degree;)tooth1. to me, its ALL just for the fun of it:thumb::D. **Gus, i have completely weathered 6(out of 55)engines:thumb::D . i think i have posted this pic, but here is one of my more recent ones:thumb: . THANKS FOLKS!!!:D -Deano View attachment 30662

Attachments

• sd4501.JPG
    sd4501.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 101

UP SD40-2

Engine #10 Finished

OK FOLKS, 10 down, and just 45 to go!:D getting close to the end of my patched units:thumb: . this one is an Athearn SP SD45T-2. I have weathered this one a little "heavy", and will be the LAST all over weathering on my patched units. i posted this engines "out of the box" pic earlier in this thread, so i am not going to double post it here. i am also NOT going to post a proto pic of one of these, as i went off a few pics to do this one, and completely matched NONE of them;). i done this one up just for the fun of it:thumb: . announce1 HERES what i did, installed an MRC Brillance sound decoder, AC unit, UP type plow, coupler cut bars, MU socket, MU holder, hoses, 8 decals, some paint work, and weathered the WHOLE engine:thumb: . in some pics the patch looks a little bright, thats just the lighting;) . DOH!, i still have to put the number boards on it:eek:ops:tooth1, oh well, here it is:D . THANKS!, :D -Deano View attachment 30665 View attachment 30666 View attachment 30667 View attachment 30668 View attachment 30669

Attachments

• sp11.JPG
    sp11.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 100
  • sp22.JPG
    sp22.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 98
  • sp33.JPG
    sp33.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 101
  • sp44.JPG
    sp44.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
  • sp55.JPG
    sp55.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 95

MilesWestern

jawdrop It's.... :cry: BEAUTIFUL!! :) :cry: I actually dropped my jaw when I saw what has to be the best weathering jb you've EVER done!!! :thumb: WOWZA!! :eek: :D

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
jawdrop It's.... :cry: BEAUTIFUL!! :) :cry: I actually dropped my jaw when I saw what has to be the best weathering jb you've EVER done!!! :thumb: WOWZA!! :eek: :D
WOW!!!:D :D :D THANKS!!!!!!Miles!!!!:D i tell you what REALLY STINKS though, my camera takes pics at 2megs big, i have to reduce them down to under 65kb to get them on here:( , doing that REALLY REDUCES the picture quality:cry: . but THANKS AGAIN MILES!! **EDIT: THANKS! g_e_c!!, i posted same time as you.:D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.