viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Here's a nice CNW shot for ya!
480.JPG.73896.jpg

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
And now for one I took! I thought I lost this when they wiped my hard drive, luckily I uploaded it to one of my myspace groups! This was taken of a eastbound, don't remember what type of freight. Taken on the border of West Chicago and Winfield, IL
9591755_l.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Thanks Guys!!

FIRST, announce1 THATS IT!:eek:, from now on ANYTIME i cant find a pic of one of my engines, TOM:wave:, I AM GOING TO CALL ON YOU!!!:D i don't know how you do it, but EVERY TIME i cant find a pic, YOU ALWAYS COME THROUGH!!!:thumb: :thumb: THANKS Tom!!!:D announce1 **Steve, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the complements:D, coming from you, that means a lot:D . announce1 **Josh, THANKS!:D i agree, i think the engines look more real with all the details:thumb: , and i hope you enjoy detailing them, as much as i do;):D . announce1 **Waldbahner, THANKS! for posting those GREAT pics of your Shay & diorama, OUTSTANDING work!:thumb: announce1 **Dennis, THANKS!! for the kind words:D . i would like to respond to what you wrote to me in Miles thread here, as to not hijack his thread;) . you mentioned you "found" a UP SD24, UP SD9 and a UP GP30, AWESOME!!:thumb: do you have these?, or do you plan on getting them? i have the UP SD24, and the UP GP30:D(pictured below), these are AWESOME engines, FANTASTIC detailing on them, and they run GREAT!!:thumb: i DON'T have the UP SD9, but wish i did;) . announce1 **Steven, WOW!:eek:, THANKS! for the complement, and ALL those AWESOME PICS you posted:thumb: . i found the patched SP pic to have a couple "unusual" things on it, check out the radio platform, it has a firecracker antenna on it, i have seen MANY different antennas mounted on those platforms, but NEVER a firecracker antenna, those are most ALWAYS mounted on the roof of the cab;) . i also found the MU socket mounted on the right side to be "odd", usually you will find them on the left, with the MU holder mounted on the right. THANKS AGAIN Steven:thumb: . THANKS GUYS!! :D -Deano View attachment 30542 View attachment 30543

Attachments

• upgp30.JPG
    upgp30.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 118
  • sd24up.JPG
    sd24up.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 115

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano,
I don't know about WE...but YOU can handle it!:thumb:
great job as usual!:) You know something...Even if there were never any words written on this thread it would still be great just to look at your handiwork and pics and of course all the pics provided by everyone else:) ...just thinkin' out loud

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Hope everyone enjoyed thos pictures. Also hope it wasn't too much at once!

Deano, I still have more pics I found on the net I think you would like, if you want, I'll post them here. If not, let me know, and maybe I'll pm them to ya, or something.

As for the last couple shots I posted, does anyone know anything about that UP United Way loco, number 3300? I've found a few shots of it on the net, but can't find any info on it. I would like to know why UP painted it like so, and what it represents, along with anything else about it. I also think it would be a kick ass project to model it!

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Deano, Here's a couple of pics of an engine you might like...I found them while rummaging through my collection of pics looking for numbers to post on the "By the Numbers" thread, which, by the way, could use a little more input from you guys. It's a fun-type thread that brings up a lot of neat railroad-related items. Check it out!
sign1
Gus (LC&P).

Attachments

• 6936m.jpg
    6936m.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 6936t.jpg
    6936t.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 102

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steven, sure you can post other pics on here!:thumb::D i have seen the united way engine:thumb: , don't remember exactly why UP made that one up. they have done the same on other occasions too, like the desert storm engine:thumb: . **Gus, THANKS! for the GREAT pics of the DD40AX!!! i have joined in on the numbers game too!:thumb: :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006

Attachments

• DSC07698.JPG
    DSC07698.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC07709.JPG
    DSC07709.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC07818.JPG
    DSC07818.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC07853.JPG
    DSC07853.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC07893.JPG
    DSC07893.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 88

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Engine #8 Finished

Miles & Josh:wave:, THANK YOU!!, for the GREAT complements!:D **Miles, THANKS, for letting me know about Trainz:thumb: , looks like i WILL get the game:thumb::D . **announce1 OK FOLKS, engine #8 IS FINISHED:thumb: . COUPLE things about ALL my patched engines, NONE of them are numbered after real engines. since i model current UP, i had made them up just to represent "patched" engines;) . at the time i made them, i wasn't really into trying to do exact prototypes, and since they were already started, i didn't want to completely re-due them. ALSO, since i RARELY run patched units alone, i don't go overboard detailing them. LAST NOTE, some engines i have had for a LONG time, so i don't have an "out of the box" pic of them:( . **announce1 ANYWAYS, this engine is an Athearn BB SP SD40T-2, this engine was the second Athearn BB engine i had ever put a sound decoder in(shew, that was a ways back):thumb:. HERES what i done to it; installed LokSound sound decoder in it, put on a UP plow, AC unit, MU socket, MU holder, coupler cut bars, hoses, 6 decals, sunshades and weathered the whole engine:thumb: . FIRST PIC, is a prototype, i DID NOT try and make this engine exactly like it, mine is in a little better shape;) . the rest of the pics are of the engine finished:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30577 View attachment 30578 View attachment 30579 View attachment 30580

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC07916a.JPG
    DSC07916a.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC07921b.JPG
    DSC07921b.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC07978c.JPG
    DSC07978c.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 79

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Looks great! all you need are Cannon and Co (I think) Tunnell motor screens, and numberboards! With the transparent screen, you should be able to really hear the sound!! :thumb:

I'm glad you decided to get trainz!

Check out my "Chronicles of a shortline" for a new little project of mine, and a NIGHT PHOTO SPECIAL! :thumb: See you there!

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
I like those SP patches! They look eerily familiar, just wrong road numbers! see page 24 if you don't know what I'm talking about

Is that part of a big boy I see in the 2nd to last pic? And is that a hobo camp in the last?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
That SP SD45T-2 Looks great. I like the weathering and detail as usual. I don't think that there has ever been an engine that you did that did not look awsomely done, at least to me!!:thumb: :thumb: :D

Miles, OOOOOOOO, A night scene, I will go check it out!! Sounds cool!!:thumb: :thumb: :D

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Looks great! all you need are Cannon and Co (I think) Tunnell motor screens, and numberboards! With the transparent screen, you should be able to really hear the sound!! :thumb:
THANKS Miles!:D i hate to say it, but i don't have a printer, so anything i need printed i send to dads:D . i sent the numberboards i made up to dad last Thursday(of ALL the engines i have, that dont have them) so he could print them, so i could pick them up this weekend:thumb:...:eek:ops: i forgot to bring them home today:eek:ops:...looks like i will be stopping over tomorrow to pick them up;) . the screens you can get for the tunnel motors DO look AWESOME:thumb: , but i think i am going to pass on them, besides, 90% of my speakers are mounted in the cabs. if you look close in the pics of that SP, you will see the speaker glued to the roof;). THANKS! :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steven, THANKS!!!:D and you are right, that SD40-2 pic you posted does kinda look like the SD40T-2 i just finished:thumb::D . ** Josh, THANK YOU SO MUCH!:D :D , YOU, my friend, ARE to KIND!:D THANKS GUYS!:D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice work on your latest detailing (and patch) project, Dean. I also enjoyed the photos of your Dad's layout, especially the second to last one, with the truck at the loading dock. (A RED truck: got our power knocked out in a thunderstorm last week, and when I restarted the computer, the monitor seemed to have rediscovered its red component.)

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.