Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
Tower 55 has a AC4400 in that heritage paint scheme coming out soon or is it already out? I love this CNW/UP Paint job!! :thumb: :D
your close Josh!:D ALL the heritage engines are SD70ACe's :thumb: Tower55 IS coming out with them in early '07:thumb::D .

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
O my bad, I couldn't quit remember, it's been a few weeks since I first saw them on there web site, which by the way is an awsome site!!!

Maybe santa will get me a Tower 55 engine (BNSF, CNW, OR UP) this year. IDK though, I heard that he already started gathering my Blast Furnace Buildings and accessories!!:thumb: ;)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
My Take On...

doctorwayne said:
Personally, I'm not too nuts about any of the so-called Heritage schemes: slapping the logo/herald of a fallen flag on paint schemes that look like they're trying too hard to be "edgy" just doesn't do it for me. Modern diesels have enough interesting shapes and angles to their carbodies that the unsympathetic lines of the paint schemes just make them look awkward. U.P.'s own paint scheme, not that much changed from their first diesels, still looks good. It's too bad that they couldn't have done the heritage schemes (only a handful of locos out of thousands) in something a little closer to the originals, with a tasteful U.P. and logo somewhere innocuous. Sorry, Dean.

Wayne
OK FOLKS, here's MY take on the Heritage units;) . FIRST, and foremost, in MY eyes, there is NO BETTER paint scheme then UP's "regular" paint scheme. Armor yellow and harbor mist gray RULE!...in MY book:thumb: , hey, I'm a UP fan, what can i say:D . i kinda agree with Wayne on the "traditional" paint schemes, example; Rio Grande's all black engines with large orange "speed" letters is just flat out AWESOME! i would have LOVED to seen that on one of the heritage units:thumb: . HOWEVER, i am glad to see that UP is recognizing, and representing its "heritage":thumb: , while "other" roads have seemed to have forgotten what they are made from. announce1 i know a few of you will come up with MANY different reasons why UP did the heritage units. i have been down this discussions road MANY times. so PLEASE, LETS NOT GO THERE;) . just like UP's steam program, i see it as UP honoring their heritage:thumb: . i am NOT crazy about the designs their art department has come up with, sure the times have changed, but i liked the traditional paint schemes the fallen flags had:thumb: . of ALL the heritage units, i think only ONE that was done in GOOD taste, is the CNW unit. the CNW unit is really not that far off from the last Dash-9's, and AC4400's CNW had;) . i also like the Rio Grand and MKT heritage units, though not real traditional, i think they are they are better then the others:thumb: . SO, the ONLY heritage units I LIKE are the CNW, Rio Grande and the MKT:thumb: . announce1 AND, though i DON'T care for the others, i DO like the fact UP has recognized their heritage:thumb::D. announce1 **KEEP IN MIND folks, I AM A HUGE UP FAN:D , and this IS ONLY MY OPINION!:thumb::D . pictured below are MY FAVORITE UP paint schemes, IN THE order of BEST, to LEAST of my favorites:D(ALL engines pictured are SD70ACe's) . :D -Deano **EDIT: BTW Wayne, YOU have NOTHING to be sorry about:thumb: View attachment 30243 View attachment 30244 View attachment 30245 View attachment 30246

Attachments

• up4555.jpg
    up4555.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 93
  • cnw4555.jpg
    cnw4555.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 95
  • rio4555.JPG
    rio4555.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 90
  • mkt4555.JPG
    mkt4555.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 90

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Tobias:wave:, ALWAYS GLAD to have you pop in!!:thumb::D THANK YOU!, for the VERY KIND words:D . i am sorry to here about your engines:( , but glad to hear of your trip!:D bring LOTS of film!:thumb: keep us up to date!:D THANKS!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve, THANK YOU!, for the complement:D . **Steven, THANKS for posting those GREAT CNW heritage pics!:thumb: . you are lucky, i would have LOVED to see it in person:thumb::D . THANKS GUYS!:D -Deano

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
I just wish I knew what it was when I saw it. I did think it was odd to see a CNW engine without a UP patch (which I have seen on the same tracks, in the same location too actually). Now a week and a half later I know what it is, and I do feel somewhat honored to have seen it. I definitely want a model of that engine when it becomes available.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
Deano, did you see the link I posted this morning? I'm sure its one you would like
Steven, YOU BET I DID!!:thumb: though i have it marked in my favorites, i THANK YOU!, for being so kind as to pass it on to me, and post it:) . THANK YOU!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Question...

HEY folks:wave:, i am wondering, is there a website that has pics of freight cars? sure would be great to get some ideas for this months challenge:thumb: . ANY help...PLEASE!?:) -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Dean, concerning the U.P. Heritage scheme locos: while I might not care for the paint schemes, it is, as you note, nice that U.P. took the time to acknowledge that part of their history. By the way, I'd not seen the M-K-T unit before, but that one, I don't mind it at all.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
TruckLover said:
WOW, IT SURE DOES!!! R you sure that you didn't weather it?sign1

Cool picture!!!:thumb: :thumb:
NOPE!:D , its a proto pic Josh:D sign1 just goes to show you, NOT EVERY car is covered with rust, some are just flat out dirty;) .

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
doctorwayne said:
Dean, concerning the U.P. Heritage scheme locos: while I might not care for the paint schemes, it is, as you note, nice that U.P. took the time to acknowledge that part of their history. By the way, I'd not seen the M-K-T unit before, but that one, I don't mind it at all.

Wayne
Wayne:wave:, GLAD you liked the MKT!!!:thumb: its one that i like:thumb: , funny thing is I'm NOT big on that much red, yet its one of my heritage favs, go figuretooth1 -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
UP SD40-2 said:
Wayne:wave:, GLAD you liked the MKT!!!:thumb: its one that i like:thumb: , funny thing is I'm NOT big on that much red, yet its one of my heritage favs, go figuretooth1 -Deano

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of red either, but on my computer, the unit looks black!:rolleyes: However, I assumed that it was red, since I seem to recall that the Katy F-units were painted "McDermott" (??) red. (I could be wrong about that name but it seems to stick in my head, for some reason.)

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
viperman said:
Oh, Deano! I forgot to say thank you for posting asking for help in finding pics for me to help detail my BN
Steven, NO PROBLEM!!!:thumb: GLAD to have been of help!:D looks like Tom gave you a WELL detailed list too:thumb: . i think you have the resource pics you need to detail that GP40-2 now:thumb: . **Wayne, the picture looked like the engine was black? i think its time to get an upgrade so you can put that "steam powered" monitor to rest;). sign1 :D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.