Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano,
That is going to make an awesome model. I really like the looks of it....can't wait to see it RUSTY!:thumb:

I still have 1 engine.................

p.s. thanks for the help!;)

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
MilesWestern said:
OH, NOO!!! not another patch! :cry: Sniffle sniffle! However, I'm glad you're proud of me, Deano! :D

On the other hand, if you pull it off correctly, rustand all, it should make a fantasic Model!! :thumb:

It will be assimulated. Resistance is futile... :rolleyes:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles, THANKS for the link, your RIGHT, i will more then likely get one of those and paint it CNW, NO patch even:D . STEVE, THANKS for the nice comments:D . hey, i am thinking about starting an "engine aide" for youtooth1(i'll be Willietooth1 ), you NEED more engines!sign1 green_elite_cab, VERY FUNNY!:D THANKS for the laugh, and chiming in:thumb: . viperman, here is a pic of 2, THATS RIGHT, 2 of the unpatched Dash-9's UP is using today:thumb: i also posted my CNW Dash-9(LOOK Miles, NO PATCH!). announce1 FOLKS, I NEED SOME HELP, PLEASE!, viperman is trying to get some good shots of a GP40-2 BN so he can detail his, the pics he and I have found are NOT good side shots so its near impossible to get a good idea of how BN set up their GP40-2's:( . ANY help on this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!:thumb: :D THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30227 View attachment 30228

Attachments

• 101_2895.jpg
    101_2895.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 90
  • ddeerdr.JPG
    ddeerdr.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 94

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
I don't think that's what I saw. I know it was a CNW, but I THINK I remember it being blue and white, and it looked like it just came out of the paint booth. No patch or anything either

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve, NICE STEAMER!!!:thumb::D. viperman, AHH, i see your name is Steven:thumb: , hey, you said the engine was blue and white?:confused: i dont EVER recall CNW having a blue & white engine:confused: , you got me on that one. Hmm.... :D -Deano

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Here's the best pic (and it isn't very good) of my LONE engine
View attachment 30231

hey, i am thinking about starting an "engine aide" for youtooth1(i'll be Willietooth1 ), you NEED more engines!

Bless you kind sir...bless you!sign1

Attachments

• Scenery 054 small.jpg
    Scenery 054 small.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 86

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NICE STEAMER Steve!:thumb: :D :D hey, i was TOTALLY KIDDINGsign1 , don't make much sense to have more engines then you really need, unless your collecting;)tooth1 . :D-Deano

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano
I know you're kiddin':thumb:
I and many others love lookin' at your collection and they almost make me wish I went UP instead of NP.........ALMOST!:D :D

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
UP SD40-2 said:
Steve, NICE STEAMER!!!:thumb::D. viperman, AHH, i see your name is Steven:thumb: , hey, you said the engine was blue and white?:confused: i dont EVER recall CNW having a blue & white engine:confused: , you got me on that one. Hmm.... :D -Deano
I see you saw that I finally added my name to my sig. :)
I could be wrong about the loco, it was over a week ago, and even then didn't get a GREAT look at it. I do remember seeing the CNW logo on it, and it looked brand spankin new. Pretty sure it wasn't like the one you posted though

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
OOH OOH, I think I found it!!!!

Deano, this is actually the engine I saw, well, one painted just like it anyway, didn't get a chance to see the road number...
UP%201995%20CPT%20071506.jpg

UP%201995%20et%20al%20Rochelle%20051506.jpg

caliban

May 3, 2006
Lower-Saxony, GERMANY
Nazgul said:
Here's the best pic (and it isn't very good) of my LONE engine...
Hey, one engine is better than none, much better!!!!sign1
Hey Deano, you're on the right way! Better than me, I had to reduce the number of locos and sold 4 of them.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:! And more of them have to go:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:! And NO new engine for me untill 2007!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:
:D:D:DWith something in the 80's, I have way to much locos for a apartment dweller and I made a deal with my wife. :D:D:D
The deal is: I sell a part of my collection and we'll spend the next vacation in the USA!!!! Bought the tickets yesterday for $400 each!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
BTW, I like your new thread and couldn't be better!!!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
viperman said:
OOH OOH, I think I found it!!!!

Deano, this is actually the engine I saw, well, one painted just like it anyway, didn't get a chance to see the road number...
UP%201995%20CPT%20071506.jpg

UP%201995%20et%20al%20Rochelle%20051506.jpg

That is probably the only one like that. U.P. has been doing heritage units in paint schemes honoring all of the railroads they have bought or absorbed in recent years. That one is the CNW heritage unit I think.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Personally, I'm not too nuts about any of the so-called Heritage schemes: slapping the logo/herald of a fallen flag on paint schemes that look like they're trying too hard to be "edgy" just doesn't do it for me. Modern diesels have enough interesting shapes and angles to their carbodies that the unsympathetic lines of the paint schemes just make them look awkward. U.P.'s own paint scheme, not that much changed from their first diesels, still looks good. It's too bad that they couldn't have done the heritage schemes (only a handful of locos out of thousands) in something a little closer to the originals, with a tasteful U.P. and logo somewhere innocuous. Sorry, Dean.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.