Engine Pics & Train Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Thanks Deano for the best wishes!!

I agree with viperman, that SP paint job is really good and really stands out well. Great find. Cant wait to see what you do with it!!:D

UP SD40-2

viperman said:
Deano, the weathering on the SD45 looks great! Thought you didn't touch the upper half though.
THANKS!, viperman:D . i have 3 engines i have weathered "all over", the SD45 is one of them. i wasn't happy with the weathering i had on it, and i had NOT put dull cote on it, so i took what i had done off it, and redone the whole job. i am MUCH happier with how it turned out now:thumb: , i have a couple more things i would like to do to it, then i will dull cote it:thumb: :D . Josh, THANKS again:D . there is quite a bit of detailing i want to do to that SP, just not sure how far i want to go on weathering it. :D -Deano

Nazgul

D E A N O,
Sorry to hear that you'll have to make do with only 2 engines and 13 freight cars....keep a stiff upper lip!sign1
It's good to hear from you...I think we were all getting DEANO with drawl:cry:
your weathering looks great as always and your new locos are sweet!!! enjoy!

Your excitement and enthusiasm are good to see and reminds me to....HAVE FUN!
thanks for sharin'

UP SD40-2

An ATTEMPT...at RUST

Early this morning i dusted off my airbrush and decided to make an "attempt" at doing RUST(new to me), and to weather a car "old school", just like i used to do em, with an airbrush:thumb: . IN Lew of some of the posts i have seen today, i think it was a good idea to do it this way, just to show there are MANY different ways to do(attempt:eek:ops: ) weathering;):D. the car i chose is a UP mech reefer i picked up at the show yesterday for $6.00:thumb: i used a small and medium paint brush, my airbrush, and Floquil paints. i use 3 types of paint(Floquil, Badger and Polly Scale)but for this job i decided Floquil would be best;) . colors used: engine black, rust, and boxcar red. i put a little boxcar red in the rust(so it wouldn't look to orange), and a little in the black:thumb: . **on the sides I USED THE AIRBRUSH ONLY, on the top for the rust i did SOME airbrushing, but MOSTLY dry brushing;) . **ANYWAYS, i JUST finished it, except for putting on dull cote, might want to go back into it hamr tooth1 . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30179 View attachment 30180 View attachment 30181 View attachment 30182

Attachments

• rust1.JPG
    rust1.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 120
  • rust2.JPG
    rust2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 119
  • rust3.JPG
    rust3.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 124
  • rust4.JPG
    rust4.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 122

MilesWestern

Great, it shows more versitility in your weathering accomplishments and techniques!

I did took your name off the challenge, like you said, look at the first post again! :D

MilesWestern

Ahh!! My Roster!

Yer welcome!

I just did an inventory of ALL my locomotives and ALL* my revenue freight cars!
(obviously doesn't include Passenger cars, Cabooses, or MOW, or which I don't know the numbers)

I have:

-36 locomotives!
Of that, there are...
-20 EMD locomotives
-9 Steamers
-4 Alcos
-One F-M
-One doodlebug, and one RDC-3

Of THAT, 5 have DCC and ONE has sound.

Then, I have 72 revenue freight cars:
I have mostly boxcars, then Reefers, followed by flatcars, tankcars, hoppers, stockcars and gondolas, in that order! Whew, that was alot of work, and there's probably a couple of cars and engines I seem to miss!:p

So, in retrospect I can pull just TWO cars for every engine I have! :rolleyes: :D :)

UP SD40-2

WOW!!:eek: THANKS for posting that VERY detailed info on your inventory Miles!:thumb: VERY interesting!;):D . Hmm...2 cars per engine, THATS MY BOY!:D ,:cry: I COULDN'T BE PROUDER!:D HEY...you mean you gotta have freight cars behind engines?:confused:tooth1. i am afraid my cars to engine ratio is probably lower:eek:ops:hamrtooth1. THANKS! :D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Engine #6

OK, i have gotten WAY off the beaten path latelytooth1, time to throw another engine into the mix:thumb: . 6 down, 47 to go:D . THIS engine i am waiting on ditch lights i ordered from Walther's for it, but other then that, i am going to call it FINISHED! to be honest with you folks, i like all the geeps up to the GP30, the GP30 is my FAVORITE of ALL the geeps:thumb:. i am NOT much a "newer" geep fan, but i tell you what, this GP60 is SLAP AWESOME!, and is my second favorite of the geeps. **its a UP GP60, the model is made by P2K, here is what i have done to it; installed an MRC Brillance sound decoder, AC unit, firecracker antenna, sunshades, plow, GPS, added 2 decals, painted the leading railings, coupler cut bars, hose couplers, rail brace above the intake, and weathered the lower half of it:thumb:. **first pic is the engine "out of thee box", second pic is the prototype, the rest of the pics are of the engine finished:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano View attachment 30198 View attachment 30199 View attachment 30200 View attachment 30201 View attachment 30202

Attachments

• gp111.JPG
    gp111.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 103
  • gp222.JPG
    gp222.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 100
  • gp333.JPG
    gp333.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 98
  • gp555.JPG
    gp555.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 98
  • gp666.JPG
    gp666.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 99

doctorwayne

Nice work, Dean. A big improvement and a real noticeable difference over the stock model. The shot of the two units together is nice, too.:thumb:

Wayne

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Sweet, That GP60 looks great.

O and that UP Reefer looks awsome, I just got that car off e-bay for $3.00 sign1 but it isn't in all that great of shape so I got what I payed for. And the rust looks great!!! Keep up the awsome work!!!:thumb: :D

UP SD40-2

viperman, THANKS!!:D **Josh, THANK YOU! for the complements on the GP and the rust & weathering on the mech reefer:D . i seen in another thread that you too, had just got a mech reefer, i thought you'd like it;):D. **Wayne, THANK YOU!, for the VERY KIND words on the GP.:D THANKS GUYS!, your comments were GREATLY appreciated. **announce1 ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, i took a vacation day today, so i went to the LHS:thumb:. I needed to stock up on some Floquil and Badger brand colors, pick up some aircraft paint thinner, Dull cote and Solvaset. i walked in, went straight to the engine counter(as usual:D) , and seen they had a Athearn CNW SD40-2 for $35.00...well, I'm sure you see where this is goingtooth1(54 engines now) . ANYWAYS, i picked up a MRC 370AD sound decoder to go with it for $49.99. **I KNOW i have rated the MRC 370AD sound decoder as "poor" in quality, BUT STILL, it IS a sound decoder, and now i have a DCC sound engine for the low, low price of $85.00!!! HARD TO BEAT THAT!!:thumb::D....OH, BTW, on my way home i realized i had FORGOT to get Solvasetwall1 hamr. LOOKS like i will be going back to the LHS later this week tootooth1 . **FIST PIC, the engine and sound decoder, right out of the box. SECOND PIC, the proto i plan on going by to do this engine. :D -Deano View attachment 30211 View attachment 30212

Attachments

• DSC07030.JPG
    DSC07030.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 105
  • UP_3036.JPG
    UP_3036.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 105

MilesWestern

OH, NOO!!! not another patch! :cry: Sniffle sniffle! However, I'm glad you're proud of me, Deano! :D

On the other hand, if you pull it off correctly, rustand all, it should make a fantasic Model!! :thumb:

UP SD40-2

MilesWestern said:
OH, NOO!!! not another patch! :cry: Sniffle sniffle! However, I'm glad you're proud of me, Deano! :D

On the other hand, if you pull it off correctly, rustand all, it should make a fantastic Model!! :thumb:
i know Miles, but i am modeling CURRENT UP, and the cold hard fact is, these units are out there now;) . hey, you know i AM a big CNW fan too:thumb: , in fact, i have a CNW Dash-9 that I WILL NEVER PATCH in honor of the last unpatched Dash-9's that are still running today:thumb::D. i think there is 4 left:confused: . not to mention all my transition era CNW units. AND yes, i am going to do the unit, rust and all:thumb: :D . :D -Deano

viperman

UP SD40-2 said:
i know Miles, but i am modeling CURRENT UP, and the cold hard fact is, these units are out there now;) . hey, you know i AM a big CNW fan too:thumb: , in fact, i have a CNW Dash-9 that I WILL NEVER PATCH in honor of the last unpatched Dash-9's that are still running today:thumb::D. i think there is 4 left:confused: . not to mention all my transition era CNW units. AND yes, i am going to do the unit, rust and all:thumb: :D . :D -Deano
You have to post a pic of one of those Deano, I think I saw one last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.