Engine ID please

trainrobber

Jan 21, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
Visit site
I'm almost positive that your 0-4-0 switcher is a Varney judging from the valve assembly and more importantly the drawbar. As for cleaning up the brushes and contacts, pick up a can of "electical parts cleaner" used for degriming electonics. I get mine at Home Depot and it works great. Best part is that you only have to remove the shell, but it does require you to re-lube the engine. Have fun

Sean

trainrobber

Jan 21, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
Visit site
Go figure, 3 days hooked up to "the guage" and already I'm making an +*# of myself. I should have known with the loco lacking those typical Varney WIRE contacts to the wheels that it wasn't a Varney, just a little hasty. My apollogies, I don't mean to build up such a "good" reputation right away. LOL

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
Hi:
Just came back to this thread today. Glad to see that trains are helping to bring people together. Too bad about TF's golf game. Looks like you lost a winner in Aart'y there Tom. Unfortunately, i don’t' golf and i'm happily married, so i can't "take advantage" of Ms. Aart's fine qualities either. Just have to content myself with being train buddies on The Gauge.

But, back on subject, i think, well, at least the LAST topic of discussion. I haven't noticed that the dust collects any worse. And the benefits of reduced oxidation are outstanding. OF course, my modules are stored in a garage or attic in SC so dust is pretty radical. I vacuum my modules before i take them to the shows.

Regards,
Ted