engine i never seen before...............

ozzy

ok, i was in ottumwa IA today, i spotted an engine that was blue with a yellow stripe down the middle of the side, the yellow stripe is where the roadname was, but i was 2 blocks away from it and was turning the other way, going away from it, i about broke my neck when i seen it, i could not talk the wife into turning around and going back, as we had just spent 90 min in my LHS and she had had enough of "trains" and she was driving,, and we did not have a camra with us anyway.

anyone know who that engine belongs to?

railohio

Good guess, Ralph, since the IC&E runs through Ottumwa.

This what it looked like?

ICE6448CrewDavisJctIL12-18-04.jpg.46784.jpg

ozzy

yes!, thats what i seen., i used to just see BN and the SF around here, well and what is now BNSF. but now in the last 6 months or so i been seeing alot more road names, well i guess i only been really looking in that time to. now that i think about it, ottumwa, and fort madison have some great places to get pic's, one of these weekends im going to have to take a road trip.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice shot Brian! I like that paint scheme. Seems to be a few interesting lines in Iowa nowadays. Good times for railfaning. When I was in college in Pella (77-81) we'd see an occasional Rock Island freight roll right through campus. Then they vanished. :(
Ralph

ozzy

Ralph said:
Nice shot Brian! I like that paint scheme. Seems to be a few interesting lines in Iowa nowadays. Good times for railfaning. When I was in college in Pella (77-81) we'd see an occasional Rock Island freight roll right through campus. Then they vanished. :(
Ralph

not in my world!!!!! theres an brand new rock island engine running around in my world.... 1 day old....sign1

if i could just find an engine to match what i seen in ottumwa.

i think i may just model in all road names in iowa.,,, so what if iowa dont have any mountans!!!!!,,, its ozzy's world!,, i can have what i want.........:D:thumb:

Russ Bellinis

ozzy said:
not in my world!!!!! theres an brand new rock island engine running around in my world.... 1 day old....sign1

if i could just find an engine to match what i seen in ottumwa.

i think i may just model in all road names in iowa.,,, so what if iowa dont have any mountans!!!!!,,, its ozzy's world!,, i can have what i want.........:D:thumb:

It doesn't look like it would be that hard to model. It looks to me from the pics like the blue is pretty close to Santa Fe blue in the blue & yellow freight livery. The yellow looks pretty close to Santa Fe yellow. The lettering looks like a standard block lettering, and Microscale offers decal sheets of letter and numbers in various railroad script in various colors including silver, gold, yellow, red, & blue, so I think you could model something pretty close to it.

Yep, either decals or even Woodland Scenics dry transfers... They have the gothic fonts that are just like what you see on that loco.

Very, very easy to model those IC&E SD40-2s.

kf4jqd

Did someone say Rock Island? Where? Where? I want a picture? sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1 sign1

A Rock Island Line NUT Case!
Andy:wave:

wjstix

Not sure about ICE but since related-railroad Dakota Minnesota and Eastern has been around since the eighties, I would assume someone makes decals for them?? Could be someone has even offered RTR engines in that scheme??