Engine House "mock-up" picture

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Borrowed a digital camera last night and took a few shots. Here's my engine house made from a Cheerios box with a photocopy of elevation drawings pasted on the side.

Andrew

Attachments

• engine house south side.jpg
    engine house south side.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 239

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
That's a very good way to check if the scene will turn out as you anticipated it, when you were planning the layout.

A good idea to stick a photocopy to the cardboard mockup! It never occured to me to do that - but I'll pinch the idea from you. ;)

It surely will be interesting to compare that pic with another one from the same angle, once when your tracklaying and scenery will be done.

Ron

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys...

I got the drawings from HO Trackside Structures You Can Build (Kalmbach). Many of the older Model Railroader magazines have scale elevation drawings, and permission to photocopy is even granted to the owner of the magazine, so it's all legal!

In this case, I hope to build this engine house eventually. In other cases, I have just put up a mock-up to fill in the space and give me an idea of what it'll look like when done (whenever that will be...).

Gary - just be aware that if you do too good a job on the "mock-up", it might become permanent...! ;)

Andrew