engine help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by WESTSIDERIDER310, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having problems with my engine, when it is in idle the car starts to move, so I checked my throttle setting on my remote. I try to keep the throttle opening to about 1mm or so, but the car still moves, if I go back on the throttle setting the car will stall. I did change my setting on my racing clutch so it engages at high rpms, so we will see what happens today. I think I might have to change my idle settings, anyone know what clockwise does, I think it increases the idle rpms, but I am not sure.
  2. mp-6xracer

mp-6xracer New Member

Hi, your car moving at idle has nothing to do with your engine, its that your clutch is engaging to early, and it sounds like you fixed that problem. If it still moves at idle though there are two things you can do, one is to always keep you foot in front of the car when you start it or always keep it on an incline when you start it, and the second thing you can do which is probably the most effective is to buy a thicker clutch spring with more tension, that way it engages when you accelerate, but it sounds like you may have already done that. And your right about the idle setting, clockwise does increase the RPM's.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

my buddies have nitros.they both move at idle.didnt know that is a problem.when they start it the wheels are off the ground and when you want it to sit on the ground at idle you hold the break.i drove them and thats what i did.
    the clutch engages at idle a little but if you hold the break is doesnt stall.
  4. dudex

dudex Member

if you drill a hole through the top of you shoes at the end opposite where they attach on the flywheel this will lighten them and therefore they will engage later. Or you can buy some harer clutch springs.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

for street racing,it would be better for the clutch to engage as soon as possible.so as long as the engine dosnt stall when holding the break at idle then i wouldn`t have a problem with it myself.but if you want it so sit at idle with out holdng the break then take dudex`s advice.sounds like that would work for ya.
  6. dudex

dudex Member

the later the clutch engages the faster you will accelerate. Like in a real car you rev up the engine and then dump the clutch so that you acclerate faster.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

thats a different clutch.you cant dump the cluth on his RC.his clutch engages by centrifugal force.
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

the later the clutch kicks in the longer it will take for the car to start moving.so the truth is the opposite of what dudex says.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

in a real car,the clutch engages by a pressure plate and controled by your foot.you can engage the clutch at will.you cant do that with a centrifugal force engaging clutch.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

(thats with a manual transimison in a full size car)needless to say that automatic transmisions have more than one clutch and are engaged hydraulicly
  11. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

idiot... have you ever hear of a stall converter? Dudex is exactly right. And like normal your a retard. Find out what a stall converter is and maybe you can figure it out. You can do that with a centrifugal clutch by timing the engagement of the clutchs. So as a matter of fact yes you can do that with automatic transmissions. The reason for dumping the clutch or using a stall converter is to bring the motor to the peak torque in the torque band for maximum acceleration. Don't you have a coloring book to color?
  12. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok first of all Mr. anomosity against timrock,a torque converter it is called. not a stall converter.and that is for an aoutomatic tranny for a full size car.not a manual tranny.
    and like i said with a cenftrifugal clutch the longer it takes to engage the longer it will be until the vehicle will begin to move.
  13. timrock

timrock Active Member

when useing a torque converter with a real size car.you get one with the stall at what ever RPM the cam kicks in at.and you power break it to bring up the RPMs just under what the stall would be.then you stomp on the gas and let off the break at the same time.thats how that works.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

with a manual tranny.you bring up the revs to what ever the cam kicks in at and when it is time to take off you dump the clutch and stomp on the gas.

you can not dump the clutch on an RC Nitro with a centrifugal clutch.
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

now that you have me thiking about my hot rods and my knowlege about that stuff,some guys use what is called a trans break.it is for automatic trannies.instead of power breaking,this locks first gear and reverse and what you do is,you bring up the RPMs to where you want them and just press a button and stomp on the gas at the same time.
  16. mastmec

mastmec Member

Tim, please go to one of the hotrod forums, and splatter your BS over there. You are just confussing the #@$% out of these people with your stupid so called facts. Just about everything you put down here is wrong. GO AWAY PLEASE.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

i will not go away now that you said that.especialy since you say i am wrong in wich i am indeed correct.i have a personal problem with people like you who miss lead people.
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

and i know you are the one who booted me several times from explorer
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

if you want to do somthing like that,erase the cookie file.Man some of you guys make me feel so smart.
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

either that or make you seem very stupid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.