Engine- 2.5, .15, .24???

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Justin_E, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

OK, I've heard about 2.5's, .15's, .25's, could someone tell me about what all that stuff means? I know a .25 is better than a .15, but what about a 2.5, ect.... thanks
    justin
  2. rustler

rustler Member

really .15 and 2.5 really are the same number just in different units it just has 2.5 to make it seem like it would be huge and really good. all it is is just basically an upgrade from the .15
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

ok thanks alot
  4. lostdogeater

lostdogeater New Member

yeah thats all it is lol. Its kinda gay
  5. atc1100rider

atc1100rider Member

no the .15 carb is like 3 times smaller the 2.5 uts out morehorsepower and power and it is alot bigger engine and has alot more compression
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

dude what are you smoking? they are talking about engine block size not horsepower and all that #@$% . its .15 ci(cubic inches) and 2.5 cc(cubic centimeters). atc your talking about the trx engines.but they i think they mean all the companies. they all make .15 but traxxas calles it a 2.5 so people think it is bigger.well it is bigger.a bigger pain
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

Thanks guys, as you know I'm new to gas RC
  8. redheat

redheat Member

.18 and under is considered a small block altho they are now coming out with mid size motor for like TMaxxes that well fit in to a stock T chassis with out having to use a conversion kit anyway little more info. than you were asking about.
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i htink it is picco(correct me if i am wrong) that has a mid size .21 which is being aimed at the maxx guys
  10. redheat

redheat Member

Thats the one.
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

ok, i thought it was but i wasn't sure.
  12. redheat

redheat Member

Picco p2 is a .21 I'd really like to get my hands on one and go to town with it.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

ya. thats a nice engine. i would like to race a wasp .18 against it
  14. redheat

redheat Member

keep in mind that the Wasp .18 is rated at 1.9 hp your not gonna find to many motors that are rated at that hp in the small block . Plus the price under 90. what a steal. I'd still like to see one of those P2 in one of my Maxxes.
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i havn't even seen anyone with one in there maxx yet. all the people have the .21 conversion. i think the motor is well worth it. so much easier then the conversion and less expensive
  16. redheat

redheat Member

well I might have to breakdown and get a P2, the thing is that I have 3 of the 2.5 motors that I change out on my Maxxes, Lots of money invested in those motors. I've got a total of 8 motors already.
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

what motors do you have.8 is a lot!
  18. redheat

redheat Member

I've got 3-2.5's, 3-CVR.12's, 1-Wasp .18, and the stock AE.15 that came with my RC10 GT. I also have about 15 Electric motors that I run in my TC3,B4,T3. so you could say that I'm really busy .
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

ya,lol.i dont have the money for all them motors bu tim just a kid and no job. i wana find a cheap motor and try to convert it to a gasoline motor since they dont make small ones like that.
  20. redheat

redheat Member

Now that would be a project for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.