Enfeild L85A2 AR

Nemesis7485

Some Royal Marines had the SA-80 on trial during the Falklands war. One complaint that came out of that was the fact that in many cases, they had to hit a "target" multiple times before they went down. This negates the advantage of a bigger round capacity to a degree. Mebbe I'm just old fashioned or biased, even though the 80 is a VERY nice weapon, handling-wise.

I can't believe how well this model is coming together. Looking fantastic allready. I want to get my hands on a copy but, believe it or not, I think this will actually be illegal in the UK. Even plastic toy guns are illegal here if they look realistic.

Some Royal Marines had the SA-80 on trial during the Falklands war. One complaint that came out of that was the fact that in many cases, they had to hit a "target" multiple times before they went down. This negates the advantage of a bigger round capacity to a degree. Mebbe I'm just old fashioned or biased, even though the 80 is a VERY nice weapon, handling-wise.

I can't believe how well this model is coming together. Looking fantastic allready. I want to get my hands on a copy but, believe it or not, I think this will actually be illegal in the UK. Even plastic toy guns are illegal here if they look realistic.

My argument for the larger round in a nutshell, anything hit by a 7.62 bullet stays down and it will punch through cinder blocks and fairly large trees on its way. As for the model being illegal, being a printed work, wouldn't it be covered by the freedom of the press? ;-)

Nothing

Longtime Member
That looks the business Nothing, having seen and photographed the L85 that looks really good.

A slight note though, you did say you were producing a A2 upgrade kit bit I noticed you have the A2 cocking handing on it already, or are you producing the kit as an A2?

BTW the Susat sight looked spot on, excellent job.

yeas ive tried to make this an A2. the upgrade pack i was refering to was for the AFV,carbine,and L86 LSW. thank you everyone for the nice comments.
finished up the forward section today.
esa.jpg

shiftdel

Hey, I almost missed this one, rarely I look on this forum.

Anyway, you created another masterpiece, Nothing, congrats, again!!

Nothing

Longtime Member
thank you everyone. i am taking a break from this subject for a bit as i work on an AK47 but will get back to the varient options soon.

Grimsteruk

Same as Nemesis7485 I was also serving at the time we switched over from the SLR (the UK version of the FN-FAL) to SA80, same issues too with the thing falling to pieces. The plastic melted if you wore insect repellant, the barrel would bend in cold environments after a few uses, the list was endless and we all wanted our SLR's back. You only really see SLR's in video of wars in Africa now, some South America etc. I guess we sold them all.

Nice job on the model. Is it available?

Z

Zathros

Nothing's knowledge of weaponry is incredible. I am sure he has his sources, his works speaks for itself. Must be some good resources though. :)

RobTACP

Wow, very nice. I am very interested in the 1/1 weapons as it provides some relatively inexpensive wallhangers. Though I am warming up on 1/1 weapons with a sci-fi rifle (Aliens M41A1) I am eager to do some models of actual weapons, L85 among them.

Some of the folks I have had the oppotunity to work with said the L85 was greatly improved over the original that some of you were forced to switch to, but they were all preferring to use our M4 carbine. It was an neat weapon to play around with as the bullpup configuration differs a lot from our M4 carbine.

Regarding the 5.56 vs 7.62 debate, the US military has some greatly improved (regarding ballistic performance) 5.56 rounds in the inventory right now but at the same time they are fielding a lot of modernized M14s and a few SCAR-H chambered for 7.62 because of the longer engagement distances we are encountering in Afghanistan. Just a little $.02 hijack added in there in addition to some praise for a great looking 1/1 build.

Z

Zathros

I find that very interesting! Makes sense though. Maybe someday, we can just shoot the enemy from the living room, of course, they'd probably be able to shoot back. There might be an app for that. :)