Energia-Buran is out!

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by umtutsut, Oct 3, 2006.

1. umtutsut

umtutsut Member

LHVCC has posted the marvelous 1/100 Energia-Buran that appeared in pix elsewhere on this board:

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)
  2. umtutsut

umtutsut Member

Oops! I probably shoulda looked at the .pdf file before posting. The model includes only the Energiya launch vehicle. I've heard the Buran is still to come.

3. GT5500

GT5500 Member

I have been chatting with Leo the designer and I believe that the Buran is available but for some reason its not on the lhvcc site, I am sure it will be sorted soon though.
  4. McPeek

McPeek Member

Fantastic looking model.

There was or is a discussion that was going on concerning the buran.

It may be of some interest to you.

Link Here
  5. umtutsut

umtutsut Member

OK...NOW the Buran is posted. Scale for both orbiter and launch vehicle is 1/96, not 1/100 as I previously posted. "Poyekhali!"

Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum and ex-NASA flack)
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Next project: shuttle race in my workbench!
  7. jparenti

jparenti Member

Hope the Polyus to match is next (the large payload that says "MIR-2" in Cyrillic that's in some of the pics). I've always wanted my very own Soviet space-based weapons platform! :grin:
  8. sakrison

sakrison Member

I downloaded Buran and Energia from LHVCC site. All pages print just fine except sheet 8 ("Page 7") of the Energia. I've tried everything and the page just hangs my printer. Corrupted file? Any ideas, solutions?
  9. sakrison

sakrison Member

I solved the problem. I imported the page into Photoshop and printed it from there. If you do this, note that the default resolution for PDFs is 72ppi. I increased it to 200 ppi and got a nice, clean copy.

No worries,